Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

User Consent pop up

RobW
Beginner

Hi

I'm trialing AMT on several Windows 10 devices and have an issue with the User Consent message. When I attempt to remote control, the popup doesn't appear on the end users PC with the code.

The Intel Management & Security icon in the system tray says there's a session but we can't see it.

Configured in Client Control Mode, user consent always required.

Intel ME v12.0.40

Any ideas?

thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
10 Replies
SergioS_Intel

Hello RobW,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

Can you please send us a picture of the pop-up message that you are getting?

Are you getting this message on all your systems?

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RobW
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

thanks for the reply.

The issue is that I don't see any pop up with the user consent code on the remote device.

On my screen I see the request, but on the remote desktop there is no user code pop up. See attachments.

User Consent.png shows waiting for code on my screen and Intel status.png shows the remote desktop event support session requested but no code is available to provide to me!

This is on all devices that I've tested so far.

regards

Rob

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RobW,

Thank you for your reply.

If user consent is enabled when a remote connection to a computer starts, a message shows on the computer of the user. The message contains a code that the user must give to the person who wants to connect to his computer. The remote user cannot continue the operation until he supplies this code.

You can find more information here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf pages 15 and 16.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
RobW
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

I must have read every document on this topic from Intel, but the problem remains. I don't see the user consent message with the code.

I don't know if something is blocking it. I can connect to the remote system and view all the properties but  remote control is not possible.

I will continue to investigate.

thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RobW,

In case you need further help, please contact us back, I will follow up with you next Monday.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RobW,

I am following your case and we would like to know if you need further help.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
RobW
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

I'm going to blame Covid-19 on this! As I'm working from home and trying to test VPro, and have no one at the other end with the remote device, I'm trying to use other remote tools to see the user consent message. This doesn't work - for obvious reasons I understand that now as you could circumvent the security if you could see the consent message yourself!

So, all the issues I had were due to me not being in front of the remote PC, the consent messages were popping up, I just couldn't see them using other remote tools (mstsc /admin and SCCM remote console).

Also if the remote PCs' screen went into power save, I would not get any indication and couldn't see the 6 stars, so thought it wasn't working. All resolved by me going into the office to check for myself!

Sorry to waste your time.

regards

Rob

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RobW,

We appreciate your reply and we understand that it might be a little bit challenging completing the troubleshooting suggestions. If you want I can close this thread for now and once you are able to get near the system you can contact us back.

I will be waiting for your updates.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
RobW
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

you can close this.

thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello RobW,

In case you need further help, please contact us back.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos