Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Weired Problem updating AD Object while provisioning

TKrem1
New Contributor I

Hi around,

after a long Time trying and fiddling i got AMT Provisioning to run in our environment.

We use Server 2012 R2 with the latest Intel SCS Tool and the Intel Add on for SCCM 2012.

I provisioned some clients and it worked well.

Now i tried to Full unconfigure a client due to a password change and reconfigure it using the acuconfig-batch file with the updated Password.

The Password was also updated in the SCS Profile we use to provision.

The Unconfigure worked but trying to reconfigure i get the following error:

2015-09-23 14:05:54: Thread:6072(ERROR) : ACU Configurator, Category: Exit Source: Src\ActivatorMain.cpp : wmain Line: 1254: ***********Exit with code 75. Details: Failed to complete remote configuration of this Intel(R) AMT device. An Active Directory interface internal error occurred. Active directory function pDirObject->SetObjectAttributes failed with error -2147024891 (Access is denied.: LDAP Provider: 00000005: SecErr: DSID-031A1256, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0).

It looks like a simple AD Problem so i checked the service account we use for provisioning. It has actually full controll of the OU and the object so i can't figure out what could produce the Access denied.

I tried to provision a new client and got the same error.

The object is created in the AD OU but something seems to go wrong afterwards.

I tried to reuse the old password but it brought no result.

Has anyone had a problem like this and can point in a helpful direction?

Thanks

Thomas
21 Replies
TKrem1
New Contributor I

We implemented the Hotfix today and it worked great. Provisioning and restarting the Clients work again without Problems.

Thanks to Intel for the really fast help.

0 Kudos