I am really sorry for the inconvenience you are having trying to boot your system using the AMT USB Provisioning.
Could you please help me with some additional information.
Manufacturer and model on the system board.
USB used to try to boot the system with.
Information on steps followed to boot from the USB
Information on the screen when trying boot.
If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.
We haven't heard back from you related to your question and the information we requested. I will proceed on closing the case. If you requiere any additiona assistance related to this. Please open a new threat and just referr to this one.
there are some strict requirements for USB Provisioning process (on top of requirement for your PC to be Intel® Core™ vPro™ or Intel® Standard Manageability based) :
- USB Provisioning support shall be enabled in OEM BIOS setup. USB Provisioning Enable/Disable option has to exist in 7th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ or newer devices BIOS, it may also exist in older generation systems BIOS depending on OEM (ex. it exists in HP BIOS).
- USB Pendrive has to be Removable Storage Device (not USB HDD) and has to be formatted in FAT16 or FAT 32 File system. (NTFS and others are not supported).
- Binary configuration file has to be named setup.bin as it is stored on USB and it has to be in first partition (or the only one partition) of USB pendrive.
- if your device was never configured or pre-configured yet current MEBx password is admin (unless your system was ordered from OEM with factory default MEBx password being customized per order- but you will know it from PC order). If your device was configured or pre-configured already your MEBx password is no longer admin - check what was it changed to?
- Do not modify manually setup.bin file as you will break checksums in the file.
- when prompted by "Continue with Auto Provisioning (Y/N)" remember keyboard layout is always US layout - confirm with Y key which is in the center under number 6 & 7 keys.
- Make sure you properly use Intel tool for creating setup.bin file - see more details at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20979
- Local USB Setup and Configuration ability to configure Intel® AMT is limited to remote management over built it Intel® AMT LAN (LOM) only with built in AMT Digest Administrator account only (admin).
Let us know what tool you use to prepare USB pendrive and USB configuration flow errors if you need very specific help.
Intel EMEA Biz Client Technical Sales Specialist
Thank you for the follow-up information you have provided.
On the link provided, you can download the zip file and within the zip file, you will find the PDF file (Local Setup and Config with USB flash drive rev 1.4) with steps to follow to create the USB.
I will double check for additional information on the creating of the USB.
Thank you for your time and patience. I just will like to follow up on your question for USB Provisioning creation.
Please checking the newer user guide:
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf# page=150 https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf# page=150
I really hope this informaiton helps.