Items with no label
3335 Discussions

2nd Gen SR300 (VF0810) Not Compatible with Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager (SR300) and Win10 Anniversary Update

GMorg3
Novice

I received the 2nd gen SR300 which is actually a Creative VF0810. The first gen is a VF0800. The 3D part of the cam will not work on Windows 10 Anniversary Update. It freezes after the first frame. Creative has been contacted, and I was advised that the issue lies with the Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager (SR300) which is incompatible with the 2nd gen cam and the AU. Also, the drivers are from June and July, with this camera coming out after that.

So, if you're on the AU and are having issues, there lies your problem. Intel has not released an updated kit since February of 2016. The regular non 3D cam works fine, as does the audio.

Here is a link to download the audio software for the 2nd gen.

http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=13754 http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=13754

0 Kudos
22 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello gamo62,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please let me check if there is more information from our end in regard to this matter.

Regards,

Amy.

GMorg3
Novice

Thank you. Creative replied that even though it was one of their cams, since it is not officially released, Intel would need to support it. What they do not understand is, that until the Depth manager and drivers are updated, their cams won't work either.

0 Kudos
DCrid
Novice

I have been trying to get the one that arrived in the mail today to work with Windows Hello, but no luck. Hopefully an update will be out soon so it will work.

GMorg3
Novice

Won't work until DCM 3.3 is released.

0 Kudos
DCrid
Novice

Actually I solved my problem and wanted to share in case someone else does the same. The new Rev 2 version that just shipped comes with Creative VF0810 hardware instead of whatever was in it before. The driver that loads automatically is not the correct one and is what caused my problem. I found the answer https://software.intel.com/pt-br/node/675765 here with a link to the http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=218&subCatID=1056&prodID=22791&prodName=BlasterX%20Senz3D&subCatName=Senz3D%20Series&CatName=Web+Cameras&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_22791,VARSET=CategoryID:218 Creative driver that did work. Once I loaded up the driver, plugged the camera into a USB 3.0 port, and went through the Hello setup, Windows Hello started working like a charm. I can now sit down at my desk and automatically log into my PC. No other special hardware or configuration required.

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

I am not sure which driver you are talking about. There are only two files there. One is for firmware, and the other for the Audio portion of the cam. There does not appear to be any updated drivers. I am still having issues, and was informed that I would still be having issues until the RealSense 3.3 is released. Please provide a screenshot of the file you downloaded.

0 Kudos
DCrid
Novice

It was the BlasterX Acoustic Engine Pro Software Pack for Windows. I ran that to install the drivers and the camera started working correctly with Windows Hello. It may show as audio only for the install, but whatever is included in that install worked for me.

0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

This did not work for me unfortunately. I heard we have to wait for DCM 3.3 for compatibility with Windows AU.

Anyone know when that is coming out?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GW,

DCM 3.3 is scheduled to release very, very soon. I cannot say a precise date but you will definitely not have to wait long. Helpful, right?

Best Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

A little helpful since it gives us hope. It's better than thinking we bought a regular webcam for a lot of money!

0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

Agreed. I am guessing most of us bought the Realsense camera as a dev preview. We are the perfect group to beta test.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

V 3.3 was just installed via windows 10 update.

D

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

Unfortunately 3.3 did not work for me. The SR300 Virtual Driver is still at version 12.11.38.553 with a file date of 6/8/16, as is the SR300 RGB driver. The regular cam works fine. When trying to setup Windows Hello, the image freezes, and the USB constantly disconnects and reconnects. I have an AsusZ-170 Deluxe board with ASMedia USB 3.1 Controllers

0 Kudos
ABhat12
Beginner

It works now! DCM 3.3 was released today.

1. I uninstalled the prior version of DCM, and then installed the camera drivers directly from the http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=218&CatName=Web+Cameras&subCatID=231&subCatName=MIDI+Keyboards&prodID=22791&prodName=BlasterX+Senz3D&bTopTwenty=1&VARSET=prodfaq:PRODFAQ_22791,VARSET=CategoryID:218 Creative site. They are called something ridiculous like "BlasterX Acoustic Engine Pro Software Pack for Windows", but the download contains the camera drivers. Get the newest one.
  2. I then installed https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager?product=87466 the new DCM.
  3. The depth camera wasn't working while plugged into a powered USB 3.1 hub, so I plugged it directly into one of my laptop's USB 3.0 ports.
  4. It allowed me to set up Windows Hello and also improve the recognition a couple of time. It now automatically logs me in!

Thanks everyone for your help!

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

That may be my problem. I have ASMedia USB 3.1 ports on my ASUS Z170-Deluxe board. Not 3.0. I have not been able to get the 3D portion working. Even with the 3.3 update. But the update did NOT update the Intel SR300 Virtual Driver. It is still at 6/8/2016. The SR300 Depth was the only one of the three that was updated. The SR300 RGB was also 6/8/2016.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think the problem is not 3.0 v. 3.1 usb port, rather the power available. A low power port (500ma) won't fire the camera properly. Also, some hubs come with low power usb cables not capable of carrying 2A+. That is what through me. When I changed usb cable to one that I know carries high power (tested on fast charge on my phone) my usb hub started working just fine with the camera.

D

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The update only updated the DCM for me as well. I had to remove and manually reinstall the rgb and virtual usb camera in order to get all three to show in device manager and to work.

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

Well, with all of my ports being 3.1 except for one 2.0, I may be screwed, if it is a low power port.

I am going to buy a USB 3.0 PCI card, and see of that works. I am not using a hub. Going straight into one of the motherboard ports.

0 Kudos
SMisc
Beginner

In the hopes that this might clear up issues I'm having, can you describe how you manually reinstalled the rgb/virtual usb drivers? DCM 3.3 is finicky at best as I can't seem to update these drivers using intel/creative driver software bundles.

0 Kudos