Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Can't fix Intel SR300 with Windows 18262

LSpol
Novice

the_jesus

The topic in locked thread here: is repeating again, over and over.

I followed the instructions from the official support website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026184/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html Windows® 10 Issues with Intel® RealSense™ Cameras SR300 and F200

and from your post here:

but nothing solved.

If I try to uninstall the depth camera manager, I get this screen:

The installer logs are attached.

this is my Device Manager:

and this is what my camera app says:

and of course Windows Hello doesn't work.

other logs are attached as well.

0 Kudos
31 Replies
LSpol
Novice

Hi,

I tried to uninstall few thing using the tool you mentioned, but there are several items by Intel:

Which one is correct? I tried the ones called "Depth Camera Manager", but still the installer doesn't let me Repair the installation, only uninstall, with the error I attached in the original post:

and I'm still stuck.

0 Kudos
JZamo3
Beginner

I uninstalled all the entries with "RealSense" in the name. I also removed all the camera-related devices in Device Manager.

0 Kudos
LSpol
Novice

Ok, after many attempts of uninstalling, (I even upgraded windows to another release preview while the camera was disconnected, and I tried uninstalling everything I could, device manager peripherals included), I got into a situation where I could properly uninstall the DCM from the Add/Remove Apps Settings.

Now, I can see the camera in my camera app, and my Windows Hello Login works, but when I click improve recognition, I get this screen:

I suspect this is a windows bug (and I opened it internally with Microsoft), but since it is still not triaged, I'll leave it here to see if Intel is aware of the issue.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The image required a Microsoft ID login, and gave a message that I was not authorized to view it when I logged in. Could you post the image below please? You can add a large image to a post here with the 'insert image' button on the comment toolbar, or if it is a small image, you can just paste it directly into the comment window with CTRL-V.

0 Kudos
LSpol
Novice

MartyG

I just copied the image with ctrl-v in the chat, I'll try again:

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I got this same message today whilst running tests with my SR300 for another user having problems with Windows Hello. It suggests that the USB port is not supplying the camera with power stably enough.

0 Kudos
LSpol
Novice

That's not the case.

As I can see:

I can run the Intel SDK Samples without issues, and Windows Hello actually works for logging in!

It is just the "Improve recognition" setup that doesn't work.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I read back over your section of this multi-person discussion and I recall your follow-up question now about improving recognition now. My apologies.

I ran the Improve Recognition test and did not experience problems. Did your Windows Hello window ask you to look into the camera, and keep looking whilst it showed a box around your face and a set of points overlaid on your facial features?

I found that the best way to use it was to hold the camera in your hand and point it towards yourself, keeping your eyes looking in the direction of the camera lens.

Also please bear in mind that if you do not first set up a Windows Hello pin code, Windows keeps interrupting the test, closing the image improvement window and preventing you from completing it.

0 Kudos
LSpol
Novice

No, it fails way before that.

when I click improve recognition, the dialog ask for my current PIN, I insert that, then the dialog is all black for few seconds, then the error that i attached is displayed, and then the window close itself without me clicking anything.

if Intel needs any log to debug, just let me know how to get them.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Information on collecting Windows system info logs and RealSense logs can be found here:

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000023596/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html How to Collect Logs to Troubleshoot Issues with Intel® RealSense™...

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

This error is not a RealSense issue and is related to Windows. I recommend working through the possible causes in the guide linked to below.

https://www.techyuga.com/error-code-0xc00000f/ https://www.techyuga.com/error-code-0xc00000f/

0 Kudos