Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Can't install DCM

mlewa2
Beginner

I just finally got an SR300 and am trying to follow the directions in https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense/sr300/get-started Get Started - Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300 | Intel® Software but unfortunately the installer claims it cannot detect the camera. I see a BlasterX Senz3D VF0810 in the Device Manager which apparently is the same hardware designed for retail sale rather than devkit sale. It also exposes a composite HID device including a headset, so I'm guessing that this has to be the right device but there is a missing "install drivers" step before installing the DCM.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting going? Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The Device Manager does usually list a Creative BlasterX Senz3D, which is a camera virtually identical to the official SR300 (Creative manufactured the SR300 for Intel). So there is no need to be concerned about that.

The primary reason why the camera would not be detected by the DCM program is if there was a power instability on the USB port (RealSense cameras are very sensitive to the state of the USB port). Do you have another USB 3.0 port on your computer that you can try the camera in, please?

If you do not have another port, an alternative means of getting the camera to be detected is to apply extra power to the USB. One way to do this is to attach the camera to a mains-powered USB hub instead of directly to the computer. Plugging a device with USB charging such as a smartphone or tablet into a USB 2.0 port can also provide power for the camera to be detected, as described in the guide below.

0 Kudos