Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D415 in Advanced Mode

BHerl1
Beginner

Hello community! My first post here so please be gentle...

I cannot find any documentation or explanation of the "Advanced Mode" settings for the D415 camera. Does this exist somewhere?

In particular, I need to remove (or at least significantly reduce) speckles of "unknown depth" in the depth-stream returned from the camera. It would be nice to achieve this by tweaking settings but I could also implement some post-procesing - any hints in this direction would be most welcome!

Regards,

- Bjarne

0 Kudos
26 Replies
idata
Employee

BjarneG, your english is very good. No need to apologize. We have not been able to reproduce this behavior. Would you be so kind as to attach your JSON file that causes the error in a reply to this thread? It would be very helpful.

Regards,

Jesus

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
BHerl1
Beginner

Jesus,

I upgraded to 2.9.1 (built from sources on Ubuntu 16.04 with the 4.10.0-42 kernel) in order to try this again. Please see the following screenshot

The JSON-file is attached. (You might want to ensure you have not checked the "Don`t show this error again" checkbox in the alert... )

Regards,

- Bjarne

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

BjarneG,

Thank you for providing the JSON file. However, I was able to load that file without an error. I played the RAU parameters in the viewer and saved and loaded the JSON files several times without error. In order to cause an error, I had to open the JSON file, edit it manually, and set any parameter to an invalid value. Is this what you are finding?

Jesus
0 Kudos
BHerl1
Beginner

I see this when loading the file immediately after saving it - no manual editing. Manual editing was devised at some point to have a workaround.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

BjarneG,

I have seen both load and save error intermittently. After trying a few times, the file loads/saves fine. I will report this.

Jesus

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
BHerl1
Beginner

I sense that you are trying to tell me something, but don't really understand what....

0 Kudos