Items with no label
3335 Discussions

DSAPI.dll missing

CBRON1
Novice

Hello,

I just received my RS300 camera and I am having initial issues on my Acer Aspire E15 running Windows 10.

I get the following message when launching Camera Explorer of the SDK sample Browser: Device failed due to malfunctionning.

When launching SDK Sample Browser :Raw Streams (C++) the camera only is recognized and functions correctly, but not the depth and IR.

When launching the camera calibration tool, I get the message that DSAPI.dll is missing.

Any ideas on possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

cphbv

4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A week ago, another user had similar problems with their Acer Aspire E15 and the SR300 camera.

In the case of that user, I recommended purchasing a mains-powered USB hub to ensure that the camera had enough power to function on the Aspire E15. I do not know yet if they went ahead with the purchase though.

Regarding the error .. I am guessing you meant that DNSAPI.dll is missing? Apparently, this is not an issue specific to RealSense and can happen with many different programs. It can be caused by corrupted Windows files. Sadly, the simplest fix is to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10 on your PC. Doing so may be premature though if the rest of the PC seems to be functioning fine aside from the calibration program.

CBRON1
Novice

Hello MartyG

Thank you for your quick answer.

I use now a mains-powered USB 3 hub and it is really better, but not fully satisfactory.

It is still unstable: the launching of some applications like Camera Viewer (C++) and Rawstream (C++) is not always immediate and sometime stops spontaneously after a few seconds.

Do you consider that the hardware could be really malfunctioning ?

Here also the screen capture of the Camera calibration API which does not function, even with mains-powered USB 3 hub

Best regards and thank you for your kind advice.

0 Kudos
CBRON1
Novice

and I add the screen capture resulting from the camera calibration api

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm glad you got an improvement from the powered hub.

Somebody else had this exact error with the camera calibration tool in May 2016. Intel support staffer Jesus Garcia said that the calibrator had been updated to a new version and suggested that the user download and install it.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24958/Intel-RealSense-Camera-Calibrator-for-Windows- Download Intel® RealSense™ Camera Calibrator for Windows*

The calibrator is apparently for the R200 camera though. In your original message, you said your camera was an RS300. There is the SR300, and the R200. If you have an SR300 and are using this program that is intended for the R200, that may be why you are having trouble with it.

The Rawstreams and Camera Viewer samples are classified as "Common", meaning that they should work with any type of RealSense camera. The crashes you describe are more typical of the R200 type of camera, which is prone to freezing up when applications are run at a speed of 60 frames per second (FPS). This is because the USB port gets overwhelmed with data. The fix for that is to run applications at a resolution with a frame rate of 30 FPS.

If you have an SR300 camera, which is a next-generation cam that should not have this issue, then the problem will need further investigation. I will be happy to help you with that process.

0 Kudos