Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Edit color frames from the recorded bag file & save as a new bag file

RakeshB
Beginner

Hello all,

I have recorded several bag files using IntelRealsense viewer from D415 camera.  Recorded bag file contains color, depth and IR frames.

Now I have a requirement to hide the identity of all the people from the recorded bag files. Any suggestion on how  I could achieve this? If there are any commercial software solution that can do this, I will definitely look into it.

Otherwise, is there anyway I can read the color, depth & IR frames from the bag file (I am aware that Intel sdk provides an api to read color, depth and IR frames from the bag file) & edit color/ir frames and save it as a new bag file? 

Thanks for your time & support in advance.

regards

Rakesh

Labels (2)
1 Reply
xabigarde
Beginner

Hello Rakesh,

How did you solve this issue in the end? We are facing the same problem and are exploring the different options.

So far it seems to us that the simplest solution would be to use <rs2::playback> and rs2::recorder with rs2::pipeline from the RealSense SDK API, and modify the RGB frames to blur the faces.

Another option would be to publish the bag through a rostopic publisher, and process the RGB stream frame by frame (blurring the faces) through a subscriber, which would write to a new bag file using the original metadata for the RGB and depth frames.

This method, however, relies on a ROS installation. So far we have only tested ROS in Ubuntu Linux, and not in Windows, where the installation procedure seems quite more convoluted.

Ideally, since we would rather have the complete workflow within Windows, the first solution would be better for our context. However, I'm not sure yet whether the rs2::recorder stores the frame metadata unchanged from the original .bag file after rs2::playback, or the timestamps get modified.

Any feedback on this topic would be really helpful.

Thank you,

Xabi

0 Kudos