Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How can I get Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to work again?

Lock2nl
Beginner

A couple of days ago I got the notification that there were 3 updates available. So I ran Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and it comes up with an error: Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.

So I searched for the solution. I deinstalled it with the uninstaller and after booting up again, installed the latest version. That did not work.

If I look at the possible errors on this page I see this:

foutmelding.jpg

I have no idea what it means. Internet works like a charm, no issues at all.

How do I solve this ?

Sandor

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Monique_Intel

@sschm33​  This is Monique with Intel and I am the IDSA project manager. We released a new IDSA version on May 14 (v20.5.20). Please open IDSA via the tray icon and 'Check for New Drivers' (ensuring you are using a browser that is Chrome, Edge or Firefox and not Internet Explorer). The IDSA app should do an upgrade of itself to the newer version; if you see the red banner, choose the center option to scan again. If IDSA still doesn't successfully run, uninstall the program using the IDSA Uninstaller https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29376/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller which will remove all IDSA files from your system. Then install IDSA fresh from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Thanks for your patience and please let us know if this worked for you.

Monique with Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Lock2nl
Beginner

It did not work at all. I already had removed IDSA with the uninstaller. After downloading the latest version I launched it. The same error message came up. A retry did not work either.

Again, I can see the following connection errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null  at window.onload (supportLibs.min.js:573)

127.0.0.1:28387/intel/v1.0/ping?id=100&jsver=20.4.17.1:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

127.0.0.1:28386/intel/v1.0/ping?id=100&jsver=20.4.17.1:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

127.0.0.1:28388/intel/v1.0/ping?id=100&jsver=20.4.17.1:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

127.0.0.1:28389/intel/v1.0/ping?id=100&jsver=20.4.17.1:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

127.0.0.1:28385/intel/v1.0/detect/getproductsanddownloads?language=en&country=us&jsver=20.4.17.1:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@sschm33​  OK. Please zip all the files from C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA (not just .log files.... all the files in the folder) and attach the zip file to this thread by using the attach "paperclip" below the reply field. I will have the developers investigate this issue. NOTE: the ProgramData folder may be hidden by default so Cx may need to un-hide it to view the IDSA log files. Instructions to un-hide are: > File Explorer > View > Show/Hide: check the box for Hidden Items.

Thanks for helping our team to fix the IDSA application.

0 Kudos
Lock2nl
Beginner

Hi Monique. There is an iditional subfolder "lanternrock" with the same date of all the other files. This subfolder is empty and is not included in the ZIP.

Thanks for the help sofar.

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@sschm33​  Thank you Sandor. I've sent the IDSA files over to our developers for further investigation. I saw in the files you provided that your default browser was Internet Explorer but that you also have Chrome installed. When you initiate the IDSA scan, are you using Chrome and not IE? If not this could be the problem as IE is not supported by IDSA. You can copy the URL path for IDSA and open Chrome and paste it there and it would work. If you've been using Chrome this entire time, then hopefully the developers will root cause the issue from the files you provided.

Thanks for your patience,

0 Kudos
Lock2nl
Beginner

Microsoft is notorious in pushing it own products....

Never use IE. Almost always use Chrome. According to Windows settings, the default browser is Chrome. So I do not know where IE comes from.

Regards,

Sandor

0 Kudos
Lock2nl
Beginner

Removing IE does not make any difference with IDSA.

Regards,

Sandor

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@sschm33​  Hi Sandor. Thank you for your patience. The zipped folder was missing 2 files that the developers are looking for. Can you locate these in C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA and send them over please? Devices.xml and Session.xml 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Lock2nl
Beginner

These files do not exist in this folder.

I assume devices.xml can only exist when after a fresh install the system has actually been scanned. This is exactly what goes wrong...

regards,

Sandor

0 Kudos
Lock2nl
Beginner

But I just installed the latest version after deinstalling using the normal windows uninstall.... it works again!

And indeed, after a succesful run both .xml files now exist in the folder....

0 Kudos
Monique_Intel

@sschm33​  Hi! Well that is great news! We literally just finished the new version release today so we are hoping the fixes in this one resolve many users issues. So glad to hear it's working for you again.

Thanks again for your patience with us,

0 Kudos
Fsabreu
Beginner

Hi, I'm with same problem. Tried all 3 browser and reinstall the assistent, but nothing work. I'm getting same connection refused and assistent keep stuck on loading verify system. 

127.0.0.1:28388/intel/v1.0/ping?id=100&jsver=21.4.29.1:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I'm using lastest driver assistent on win11 and I seding my DSA files.

I don't know what to do.

dbmtrde
Beginner

I also have exactly the same problem and have uninstalled and reinstalled DSA several times (with and without the uninstallation tool) but no improvement.

Can someone help to solve the problem?