Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How can I set the SHARPNESS and other settings of SR300 during runtime ?

CSENS
Novice

Hi Guys,

I would like to knw how I can reach the Camera Settings of SR300 ? When I use DirectShow.lib to achieve and modify the settings of SR300, it does imply on the camera but after I close and reconnect via SDK SR300 always starts with default values...so..my question is HOW CAN I set the values of SR300 ( such ass brightness..focus..sharpness..etc.. ) during runtime..???

Thank you for your kind helps and comments in advance...

Best,

C.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm guessing that you're using the open-source Librealsense SDK rather than the official Intel RealSense SDK? If so, there is a plugin called rqt_reconfigure that can be used to dynamically change parameters on the fly

Here's the website for info about it, though unfortunately it seems to be down right now.

http://wiki.ros.org/rqt_reconfigure http://wiki.ros.org/rqt_reconfigure

0 Kudos
CSENS
Novice

Dear Marty

Thank you for your prompt answer.

Infact, I am using the official Intel realSense SDK...By way, inthe meantime I managed to succeed to set the camera CameraControlProperties and also the VideoProcAmpProperties using DirectShowLib....

However I will also check the website you suggested as well

Wish you a nice day/night ahead,

Best

C.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm glad you found a solution with DirectShow. Have a great week ahead too!

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

Cengiz_SENSIVAS Can you post how you did this please? Sounds like it'd be useful for others (myself included!)

0 Kudos
CSENS
Novice

Hi JB

Well, first of all I have to mention that it was not easy at all... As I have a bit of a coding background on DirectShow from my previous works, I used DirectShowLib-2005.dll to create this workaround...Second, I am a VB.NET guy and therefore had to convert all the SDK C# sample into VB.NET... ...was not easy either...

What you must do is to create a WEBCAM class implementing DirectShowLib-2005.dll and then use the IAMVideoProcAmp ( in my code snippet below the m_icp is the reference created when the WEBCLASS is created ) interface to retrieve the Brightness,Gain etc..properties of the camera using VideoProcAmpProperty... my code snippet for this is as follows :

Public Function GET_CAMERA_VideoProcAmpProperty_Values(prop As VideoProcAmpProperty) As Integer()

On Error GoTo errh

Dim p_Min, p_Max, p_STD, p_DEF, propVALUES(1) As Integer

Dim p_CAPS As DirectShowLib.VideoProcAmpFlags

Dim retval As Integer

If m_icp IsNot Nothing Then

Dim reto As Integer = m_icp.GetRange(prop, propVALUES(0), propVALUES(1), p_STD, p_DEF, p_CAPS)

Return propVALUES

Else

propVALUES(0) = -1

propVALUES(1) = -1

Return propVALUES

End If

Exit Function

errh:

Err.Clear()

propVALUES(0) = -2

propVALUES(1) = -2

Return propVALUES

End Function

Public Function SET_CAMERA_VideoProcAmpProperty(prop As VideoProcAmpProperty, value As Integer) As Integer

On Error GoTo errh

Dim p_Min, p_Max, p_STD, p_DEF, afterSET As Integer

Dim p_CAPS As DirectShowLib.VideoProcAmpFlags

Dim retval As Integer

Dim reto As Integer = m_icp.GetRange(prop, p_Min, p_Max, p_STD, p_DEF, p_CAPS)

If m_icp IsNot Nothing Then

If p_Max >= value And value >= p_Min Then

retval = m_icp.Set(prop, value, VideoProcAmpFlags.None)

End If

retval = m_icp.Get(prop, afterSET, DirectShowLib.VideoProcAmpFlags.Manual)

Return afterSET

Else

Return -1

End If

Exit Function

errh:

Err.Clear()

Return -2

End Function

When I start the TRACKING loop of SR300 I at the same time start my WEBCAM Class and set the values of the properties of the camera to the desired values....:

myCAM = New clsWEBCAM(pictureBox1.Handle)

here the integer value 2 below is the index of the SR300 RGB camera in my device list....

myCAM.CONNECT(2, 30, 1920, 1080, "")

myCAM.set_camera_Properties()

Then just place a Button, 2 Horizontal ScrollBars and put this code :

Dim reto(1) As Integer

reto = myCAM.GET_CAMERA_VideoProcAmpProperty_Values(DirectShowLib.VideoProcAmpProperty.Brightness)

HScrollBar1.Minimum = reto(0)

HScrollBar1.Maximum = reto(1)

reto = myCAM.GET_CAMERA_VideoProcAmpProperty_Values(DirectShowLib.VideoProcAmpProperty.Sharpness)

HScrollBar2.Minimum = reto(0)

HScrollBar2.Maximum = reto(1)

Of course, to the SCROLLL events of the HBars :

Private Sub HScrollBar1_Scroll(sender As Object, e As ScrollEventArgs) Handles HScrollBar1.Scroll

myCAM.SET_CAMERA_VideoProcAmpProperty(DirectShowLib.VideoProcAmpProperty.Brightness, HScrollBar1.Value)

End Sub

Private Sub HScrollBar2_Scroll(sender As Object, e As ScrollEventArgs) Handles HScrollBar2.Scroll

myCAM.SET_CAMERA_VideoProcAmpProperty(DirectShowLib.VideoProcAmpProperty.Sharpness, HScrollBar2.Value)

End Sub

And BINGO...!... Now I am sure you may think what the heck is that myCAM = New clsWEBCAM is...

I can mail the source code of the clsWEBCAM class I created to you if you want...as it is too long to copy & paste here...

Hope this will be helpful to any1 who needs ...

Cheers

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

That's great, thanks! So, you're calling the colour stream as a generic webcam using DirectShow, while at the same time using the depth stream in the SDK for tracking? Or are you able to use the colour stream in both DirectShow and the SDK simultaneously?

0 Kudos
CSENS
Novice

Colour Stream in both SDK and DirectShow...weird right? But it works

0 Kudos