Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How do I enable memory isolation with Windows 10 version 2004, on an Intel HD Graphics 4000?

JCoop20
Novice

Previously under Windows 10 version 1909 I could use memory isolation feature of the operating system, now however with Windows 10 version 2004 it’s not possible. It is recognising the drivers as being for Windows 8.1 even though it is the same official drivers for Windows 10. The drivers themselves are version 15.33 the ones for my graphics chipset.

Could someone do an emergency release or aid in some way to install the DCH drivers on Windows 10? Or else provide some kind of assistance as this is a refurbished laptop gift from last Christmas as a gift, on a tight budget.

8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

DCH drivers? Not a chance. DCH drivers are only available on 6th gen processors and later. You are runninig a 4th gen processor.

For core isolation, look in device security, core isolation, core isolation details, memory integrity.

For better support, provide this information:

Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (using the paperclip under the toolbar).

Doc

W10 2004, W10 May 2020, W10 20H1, W10 19041 - A rose, by any other name, still smells.

0 Kudos
JCoop20
Novice

I’ll run the Intel support tool and attach the text file.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Actually, Al, it is worse than that. This is a 3rd gen processor, not a 4th, and the drivers are even older (and, it's true, it's nothing but a forward port of the Windows 8.1 driver).

...S

0 Kudos
JCoop20
Novice

The laptop specifically is a refurbished Lenovo Thinkpad X230 which was professionally done by Eflex Computers in the United Kingdom.

Laptop Type Model: 2325FG0

CPU Processor: Intel Core i5 3320M

0 Kudos
JCoop20
Novice

There has been quite a fair number of this specific laptop or x230-x280 around for sale, (refurbished or not) so some emergency drivers. Specifically for Windows 10 alone would be great. I mentioned DCH as this is a type of drivers which only exist in this new Windows 10, so would be able to achieve what was mentioned initially.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I have no idea what you mean by emergency drivers.

The latest graphics driver for your processor can be found here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29473/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-

Forget this DCH and emergency release stuff.. None of that is going to happen on an 8 year old laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
pit
Beginner

One year later still this problem was not resolve  

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29969/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-

pit_0-1621459846418.png

@JCoop20 wrote:

Previously under Windows 10 version 1909 I could use memory isolation feature of the operating system, now however with Windows 10 version 2004 it’s not possible. It is recognising the drivers as being for Windows 8.1 even though it is the same official drivers for Windows 10. The drivers themselves are version 15.33 the ones for my graphics chipset.

Could someone do an emergency release or aid in some way to install the DCH drivers on Windows 10? Or else provide some kind of assistance as this is a refurbished laptop gift from last Christmas as a gift, on a tight budget.

0 Kudos