Items with no label
3335 Discussions

I can't install DSA

MToml5
Beginner

Newest version of Windows 10 installed.Thank you.

beepablebear@gmail.com

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AlHill
Super User

First, edit your post and remove your email address.

What version of W10? 1909?

What is your processor model number?

What is the model number of your laptop or motherboard/system?

Doc

0 Kudos
MToml5
Beginner
Hi, I was able to download DSA just now but 2 software updates that are available will download but not install. They are: Intel® UHD Graphics 620 Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 7th Gen and Later Platform. Thank you
0 Kudos
MToml5
Beginner
I still can't install the latest Intel UHD Graphics 620 driver. I have the correct Lenova drivers installed on my machine and I have a Vulkan RT licence. Please support this request. It is quite frustrating.
0 Kudos
MToml5
Beginner
Acordding to the Installation Wizard, I should "Delete the Intel® DSA temporary files. The default location is "C:/ProgramData/Intel/DSA".Under DSA, it is called Lantern Rock. Should I do this and try to install the update ? Thank you
0 Kudos
MToml5
Beginner
Hi, What do you think of this ? Lenovo just told me that they won't update the drivers as the machine is out of warranty as of last September. This is strange as they allowed me to update BIOS last December. Intel Display Audio no longer works. I used it to have better sound when I connected my laptop to my TV via a HDMI cable and now I miss it What do you think of third party driver installers ? Thank you
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

"Hi, What do you think of this ? Lenovo just told me that they won't update the drivers as the machine is out of warranty as of last September. "

I think you should remove Lenovo from your holiday card list.

Doc

0 Kudos
MToml5
Beginner

Hi,

This is W10 Build 1909

Processor is Intel(R) Core (TM) 13-8130uCPU@ 220 GHz 2.21 GHz

Laptop is Lenova Ideapad 330-151KB.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MToml5
Beginner

Hi,

I was able to download DSA just now but 2 software updates that are available will download but not install. They are:

Intel® UHD Graphics 620

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) User Interface and Driver for Intel® 7th Gen and Later Platform.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Intel DSA will offer you only generic drivers from Intel... and if you have a laptop, you should use only the drivers from Lenovo (graphics and RST drivers are important to use the drivers from your laptop manufacturer), not the generic ones from Intel... you already mentioned you have the correct drivers from Lenovo, so you keep with that. Intel DSA let you know if new generic drivers are available based on driver version, but it won't offer drivers from Lenovo....

Why you cannot install the UHD 620 and RST driver? Because Intel DSA will not override a custom driver from Lenovo with a generic driver, and specially if you are trying to install a DCH driver over a Legacy Lenovo driver.

Also, are you running a RAID configuration on your system? Otherwise you don´t need the RST package.

You want to install only drivers from Lenovo, if you need more updated drivers, contact Lenovo for support.

NOTE:

This is what intel says about installing their drivers:

For UHD 620:

The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29335/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126789

For Intel RST:

Intel recommends that end users utilize driver updates provided by their system manufacturer/provider or via Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. System manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. In such cases, use of the Intel generic driver update is not recommended.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29339/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005

0 Kudos
MToml5
Beginner
Hi, Lenova users its own drivers.What is a RAID configuration ? Is it something useful or necessary ? Thank you .
0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

R​AID 0 allows you to speed up write and read from disk by setting 2 or more disks as a one logical volume (disk) at the cost of increasing risk of data lost due to higher risk of failure

RAID 1, 5, 6, 10 allows you to set some redundancy​ by setting the disks in mirroring status as a backup in case of disk failure ....

If ou only have 1 disk drive in your system you don't have RAiD so you don't need the package and ​you should be fine with only Lenovo drivers... If you have Raid.... You should use the diver from Lenovo, not from Intel or DSA

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID

0 Kudos