Items with no label
3335 Discussions

I cannot get windows hello to work with my intel realsense camera sr300 now. I do have the Camera working just no Windows Hello.

MMale9
Beginner

I am attaching files per your instructions.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Please check in the 'Privacy' section of the Windows controls that the ability of apps to be able to access your camera is set to 'On'.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/camera-app-wont-launch-due-to-privacy-permissions/9f17748a-73f1-41d6-8738-a1e1a4c025f2

You can find the Privacy Settings window by typing 'privacy' into the text box at the bottom of your Windows screen, next to the button where you shut down the PC. Once you are at the Privacy Settings window, select the 'Camera' option from the list of categories.

0 Kudos
MMale9
Beginner

This didn't work. Camera won't install correctly after a Windows update. Camera was set to On in Privacy settings. The Intel RealSense SR300 Virtual Driver won't install now. Also the Intel RealSense Camera SR300 Depth Driver is under Imaging Devices.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The next step I would recommend would be to look at the similar case linked to below with another HP user who had a missing Virtual Driver.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Windows-update-disables-SR300-realsense-cameras/td-p/6153083

If the answer in that site does not solve your problem, I will be happy to continue seeking a solution with you tomorrow if somebody else has not answered first. I am unfortunately 'off shift' for the day now as it is midnight in my time zone. I will be back in around 7 hours time. Good luck!

0 Kudos
MMale9
Beginner

Thanks for trying to help. I think this is a common problem but I am not sure there is a clear solution. The camera works just no windows hello so I can live with it. The Intel RealSense SR300 Virtual Driver won't install now and the Intel RealSense Camera SR300 Depth Driver can't update.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In 2017 Intel changed the driver installation process for the SR300 so that it became possible to install the RGB, Depth and Virtual drivers automatically if the drivers were not already installed, just by inserting the camera into the USB port. This installation was done through the internet via Windows Update.

So, if you wanted to initiate this process for a reinstallation, you could go to Device Manager, right click on each of the three RealSense drivers (RGB, Depth and Virtual) and select 'Uninstall'. Then when all three drivers were removed, you would unplug the camera, wait a couple of seconds and plug it back in, and then the drivers would automatically download and reinstall on their own.

However, the last time I did this process, the reinstallation failed. I repeated the process today and it still failed. The primary symptom of this failure is that 'Unknown Device' appears in the Imaging Devices section of the Device Manager instead of the RealSense drivers.

The fix for this in my case was to right-click on Unknown Device and select the 'Scan for hardware changes' option. Over the course of about 30 seconds, the Device Manager window flashes a few times to indicate something is happening in the background, and then the Depth and Virtual drivers appear in the Imaging Devices section.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello MMale9, We understand your frustration that your SR300 camera is not working for you on Windows 10. Unfortunately, this is a known issue that affects many computers and there is currently no fix for it. The workarounds work in some instances but not always. Many users have seen some success if they do a factory reset of their PC. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused! Best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos