Items with no label
3335 Discussions

I have a question about the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 adapter. My question is whether this adapter supports the aptX, aptX HD and aptX Low Latency Bluetooth codecs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

As far as I know, those are proprietary Qualcomm protocols and I do not believe that you will see them supported in Intel wireless products - and certainly not in an ancient, long-discontinued solution like the 2230.

...S

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott. Do you know whether it's possible that OEMs like Lenovo can decide to add this aptX support to this bluetooth adapter themselves? Basically I wanted to know whether on my Lenovo Ideapad 500, I could have the aptX Low Latency support. I asked Lenovo, but they told me that I should ask Intel. So I'm a bit lost now.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Well, there have been cases where OEMs have customized Intel's firmware (or had Intel customize it for them), but as you see in Wanner's message below, you have a very old WiFi/BT card that has been discontinued for quite some time. I thus believe that there is zero chance of it ever being customized.

...S

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello LVerh3,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

Due to Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230, Single Band being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.

You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Wanner and Scott, clear. I see this adapter was launched in 2012, and aptX LL around the same time. So indeed not very likely that Lenovo would have added it. Thanks again :-)

0 Kudos