Items with no label
3335 Discussions

I need a driver for Intel graphics controller series 2500.

SMcIn5
Beginner

Refer to Intel tech support case number 04521077.

Thanks for your help,

Stan

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Before I say anything else, please edit and remove your email from your post. You don;t really need the SPAM that this will generate.

The available downloads for this graphics solution can be found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=intel+hd+graphics+2500.

...S

0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner
0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner

I downloaded the driver from the site you recommended and it works fine. However, I also downloaded the same driver a couple days ago and it worked for less than a day so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help and the advice about my email.

0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner

Scott, how do I edit my previous post?

Nevermind, I found it. Sorry for the miscue.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What is the specific issue that you had with the driver when you tried it previously? I am not sure whether anything will be done in response to whatever you report regardless. My understanding is that work on this driver was terminated quite some time ago (at least a year; perhaps longer) and that the only thing being done is the address of security issues.

...S

0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner
I installed the win 64_15. 33. 49. 5100.exe and it restored the audio to my HDMI output, until Windows went to sleep. Then I had to restart Windows. So far, I haven't found a fix for that issue, except not to let Windows sleep, which really isn't a fix.
0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner
I seem to be using the correct Intel driver (win 64_15.33.49.5100). This matches the Intel HD Graphics Properties Driver version 10. 18. 10. 5100 as indicated in my Device Manager. I installed it with the Intel Graphics Driver Set up Program. However it allows HDMI audio sporadically. For example if Windows sleeps, it wakes up without HDMI audio and I'm missing the Intel HD Audio notification on the taskbar playback selection list I sometimes have to reboot Windows couple of times to get that reinstalled. At least once I've reinstalled the driver. Recently, I lost the HDMI audio while Windows was running. Just before I sent you this I checked with my Device Manager and I found I had lost HDMI audio again. After I send this I'll reboot Windows.
0 Kudos
SMcIn5
Beginner
Perhaps you can help me: Recently Intel notified me regarding an upgrade driver as described below. Is this driver is currently supported by Intel? Release Version: Production Version Intel(R) Graphics Driver: 10.18.10.5129 Intel Display Audio Driver: 6.16.00.3154 Build Date: January 21, 2020 Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows* 7-64 Microsoft Windows* 8.1-64 Microsoft Windows* 10-64 Platforms: 3rd generation Intel Core(TM) processor family (Codename Ivy Bridge) Thank you, Stan
0 Kudos
Max44
Beginner

Compared to the faster HD Graphics 4000, the 2500 one features less Execution Units (6 versus 16) and only one texture sampler. Therefore, the performance is clearly worse and only suited for low demanding gamingIntel states a 10 to 15% higher performance compared to the old Sandy Bridge based HD Graphics 2000.

Try using another driver for gaming.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Stan,

The 10.18.10.xxxx is the version number for the device driver, but Intel packages multiple device drivers in each installation package, so the version number for the package is going to differ. Luckily, you can take the "xxxx" portion of the version number - 5129, which is the build number - and use it to find the corresponding package. The full version number for the package is 15.33.50.5129. You can download it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29473/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos