Items with no label
3335 Discussions

I would like to know what software or antivirus Intel uses or recommends to keep it as safe as possible in all aspects. I would like to have that software to give the brand the pride it deserves. My Core 2 Duo has been running for 12 years.

EBall6
Beginner
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I do not know that Intel makes any such recommendation. Anti-virus product choices are a good way to have a heated discussion amongst a lot of users. There are die-hard proponents for Avast/AVG, norton, mcafee, Microsoft, bitdefender, Malwarebytes, etc. Who is best? There is no good answer. Who is best on any given day is another way to look at it.

Remembering Intel and their association with McAfee a while back may provide some view as to internal use, but for the user community, I would guess that is an area that Intel stays away from.

Perhaps an Intel employee can shed some light on this.

Doc

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello EBall6,

Due to Intel® Core™2 Duo Processors being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.

You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos