Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Sorry something went wrong while trying to scan) This just started to happen in the past 10 days.

MLehm10
Beginner

I tried to fix this problem, I re-install the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant application using the procedure below:

I see that the new DSA application is from May 13th. Is there a problem with the current version?

I still cannot get the DSA to work properly. I have attached the DSA file logs and my PC configuration file.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MLehm10

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have performed some steps trying to fix the issue. We would like to recommend you checking and following the steps below just to double-check we are not missing all options available:

1. Click “Refresh Results” on the menu on the left-hand side of the Intel® DSA scan page. With the latest Intel® DSA code this acts as complete “start over” for the service.
  2. Reboot the system. It’s possible that “Refresh page” isn’t enough of a “start over” so it really starts over.
  3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling (the normal way through Windows® Add/Remove programs). You can download the latest version for Intel® DSA from this link: Version: 20.5.20.3
  4. If the previous step does not solve the problem, please try the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller and reinstall the latest version again.

You may also check the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant FAQ for additional troubleshooting steps. Please also check the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Is Not Detecting My Device link.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

1- Did Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) work fine before in your system? If yes, did it work with the current version 20.5.20.3? Or did the issue start to happen only once you installed the latest version 20.5.20.3? Please provide details.

2- Screenshots of the issue/error messages when scanning with Intel® DSA.

3- Web browsers and the exact versions of each one of them:

4- Do you have browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking):

5- If you are a home user, what router are you using (brand and model)? Or are you in a company environment?

6- Security or anti-virus software installed?

7- "DSAUninstaller.log" file. You can find the location of the log file in File Explorer by searching for it by DSAUninstaller.log and please be sure to provide the most recently dated log).

8- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

8.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

8.2- Open the application and please make sure to select 'Everything' checkbox and then click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

8.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

Note:

To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. You can only attach one file at a time. You may post separate responses to attach the files or you may attach all files and screenshots into a single .zip file.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello MLehm10

As per the internal request you sent we will proceed to close this inquiry.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos