Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel T265 center of tracking

vshim1
Beginner

I am trying to understand the Intel T265 center of tracking from the data sheet. I am especially not sure of where the center is in the Z direction. Is it 5.95mm from the back of the device ? How is the module center different from the center of tracking. Can somebody please clarify.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexandru_O_Intel

Hello vshim1,

The device represents the entire assembly including the fisheye cameras, IMU module and the processing ASIC (Intel Movidius Myriad 2.0) with the USB 3.0 interface to host the processor SoC plus the enclosure.

The form factor module includes only the two fisheye image sensors, the Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and VPU processing ASIC.

As you can see from Figure 4-2 page 14 in the datasheet the center of the device is not the same as the center of the module.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/IntelRealSenseTrackingT265Datasheet.pdf

Best regards,

Alexandru

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Alexandru_O_Intel
Hello vshim1, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense T265 camera. The center of tracking corresponds to the center location between the right and left monochrome imagers on the device. This corresponds approximately to the location of the module center. Yes you are correct, the center is located at 5.95 mm from the back of the device. Please clarify what the question is in regards to the Z direction, as I am afraid I did not understand correctly. Best regards, Alexandru
0 Kudos
vshim1
Beginner

By Z-direction, I meant the z-axis of the coordinate frame of the device as seen in the T265 datasheet. In any case you answered my question about the center. I am just trying to understand what you mean by module center ? Do you mean the center of the device ?

0 Kudos
Alexandru_O_Intel

Hello vshim1,

The device represents the entire assembly including the fisheye cameras, IMU module and the processing ASIC (Intel Movidius Myriad 2.0) with the USB 3.0 interface to host the processor SoC plus the enclosure.

The form factor module includes only the two fisheye image sensors, the Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and VPU processing ASIC.

As you can see from Figure 4-2 page 14 in the datasheet the center of the device is not the same as the center of the module.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/IntelRealSenseTrackingT265Datasheet.pdf

Best regards,

Alexandru

0 Kudos
Alexandru_O_Intel
Hello vshim1, Could you please let me know if you need further assistance on this topic? Best regards, Alexandru
0 Kudos