Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Is there a way to set the intrinsic parameters inside a D410 device via the API?

MGeli
Beginner

Hi,

I wonder if it's possible to change the intrinsic parameters of a D410 device via the librealsense API.

I know there's a way to retrieve the intrinsics via the API using get_intrinsics(), but is there an equivalent API function to save new intrinsic values inside my D410 device?

For reference, I'm using the librealsense v2.9.0 SDK in an embedded device.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello MGeli, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D410 camera. Thank you MartyG for your inputs! Yes, if you are interested in signing an NDA with Intel please let us know. In case you already have an NDA, you can open a case on Zendesk platform by following the instructions attached below. Thank you, Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Advice given in 2018 by an Intel support representative was that the OEM factory calibration system is required to calibrate both intrinsics and extrinsics. The ordinary free calibration software just calibrates the extrinsics.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/2053#issuecomment-405791075

The OEM calibration tool costs $1500 USD and is available from the link below. The price reflects the cost of manufacturing it. It allows calibration through remote links, and calibration of multiple cameras. It is aimed at OEM operations and engineering departments.

https://store.intelrealsense.com/buy-intel-realsense-d400-cameras-calibration-target.html

The support team member adds that the OEM calibration software is available to Intel non disclosure agreement (NDA) customers for those who do not want the physical calibration chessboard. If you have an NDA, they advise "Please go through your usual contacts and file the ticket on the Zendesk (the NDA customer support system). You will get the access of the OEM calibration software".

If you are not yet an Intel NDA customer, an Intel support representative on this forum should be able to advise how to get started with the registration process.

0 Kudos
MGeli
Beginner

Thank you for the information MartyG.

However, using the Dynamic Calibrator tool v2.6.8.0, we were able to calibrate a D410 device and we observed that the intrinsic parameters changed.

So it seems we don't need the OEM calibration tool to change the intrinsic parameters.

We have an NDA, I will file a ticket to get more information as to whether or not it's possible to change the intrinsic parameters via the API (not via a calibration tool).

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello MGeli, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D410 camera. Thank you MartyG for your inputs! Yes, if you are interested in signing an NDA with Intel please let us know. In case you already have an NDA, you can open a case on Zendesk platform by following the instructions attached below. Thank you, Eliza
0 Kudos
MGeli
Beginner

Hello ElizaD,

Thank you for the instructions.

Yes, we already have an NDA, I will create a request shortly through the Zendesk platform.

Thank you,

Marc

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
posted a file.
0 Kudos