Items with no label
3335 Discussions

NUC5i5RYH Lost Bluetooth

JRayn3
New Contributor II

This is driving me crazy. I bought a Bluetooth speaker, connected it to my NUC and it worked fine. Now Bluetooth has disappeared. There is no slider in settings/devices, Bluetooth is not mentioned in Device Manager even after enabling hidden devices. DSA does not even list Bluetooth. In Services the Bluetooth Support Service is running and has an automatic start. In the BIOS/ Devices/Onboard Devices/Bluetooth is ticked. I have even removed the power cable for over 30 seconds as recommended elsewhere in this forum. In Control Panel/Devices and Printers when I right click on the NUC under Bluetooth Settings it says Bluetooth is not connected.

Can anyone help me recover the use of Bluetooth on this NUC, please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JRayn3
New Contributor II

I am pleased to report to my many followers that this problem has been resolved. 

After waiting in vain for a reply I searched on this very forum and discovered two things to carry out. I did these simultaneously so I do not know which one was the actual answer.

I shut down the box, pulled out the power cable and left it overnight. In the morning, before powering up, I took the bottom off the NUC and pushed on both the WiFi/Bluetooth card and the antenna cables.

Upon powering up all Bluetooth functionality returned.

Result? One happy bunny.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JRayn3
New Contributor II

I am pleased to report to my many followers that this problem has been resolved. 

After waiting in vain for a reply I searched on this very forum and discovered two things to carry out. I did these simultaneously so I do not know which one was the actual answer.

I shut down the box, pulled out the power cable and left it overnight. In the morning, before powering up, I took the bottom off the NUC and pushed on both the WiFi/Bluetooth card and the antenna cables.

Upon powering up all Bluetooth functionality returned.

Result? One happy bunny.

0 Kudos