Items with no label
3335 Discussions

No boot (blue led but no hdmi signal) - no warranty - what can i do ?

ssiff1
Beginner

Impossible to make a bios recovery/update...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the model number of your Compute Stick?

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Power off the Compute Stick by holding its power button until the LED goes off. Wait a minute and then press the power button and see if it then comes back on with video.

...S

0 Kudos
ssiff1
Beginner

@n.scott.pearson : i tried this a lot of times... even waiting for a long time, even with ICS unplugged for a lot time before, even with a USB key with bios update file.

@Al.Hill STCK1A32WFC witch have been replaced by intel in the first uear of use for the same problem...

More info : when the ICS boot witch a USB key, the led of the key blink and when i wait ICS to boot for some minutes the fan of the ICS start.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Power off the Compute Stick by holding its power button until the LED goes off. Press the power button for 3 full seconds and then release. This should result in the Power Button Menu being displayed (give it 15 seconds to appear). If you can get there, try using F2 key to get to BIOS Setup. Once there, reset the BIOS configuration, save and exit. Does it boot then?

...S

0 Kudos
ssiff1
Beginner

@n.scott.pearson : I tried your method but no Power Button Menu, the screen show "no signal" message and go in suspend mode...

0 Kudos
ssiff1
Beginner

I even tried cmos clear (unplug / plug the battery).

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

RE: "go in suspend mode..."

You mean the LED went out? If it did, it means that you held the power button ~slightly~ too long (4 full seconds causes non-maskable power off), so try again. If the LED stayed on, on the other hand, then you are likely looking at a hardware failure of some kind.

...S

0 Kudos