Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Problem in running D415 on Udoo X86 board

SBans3
Beginner

Hello Team,

I am using Intel D415 for my application. And I am using Ubuntu 16.04 as my operating system.

I am using rs-capture_single640 in the example/capture/ to capture the image and point cloud.

When I connect the camera to my laptop, there are 3 interfaces appear i.e. video1, video2 and video3 (as video0 is for my webcam).

And with rs-capture_single640, I am able to capture the image and point cloud without any problem.

But when I used the camera on my Udoo X86 board, interfaces appeared are video0, video1 and video2 (video0 is not there by default, as there is no webcam).

And when I run rs-capture_single640, I get below message:

There are 1 connected RealSense devices.

RealSense error calling rs2_pipeline_start_with_config(pipe:0x17ad940, config:0x17b17b0):

Failed to resolve request. No device found that satisfies all requirements

I tried connecting a webcam also to the Udoo Board, so there is video0 by default. And interfaces created by D415 camera are video1, video2 and video3.

Now when I ran rs-capture_single640, still I am getting error message as below:

There are 2 connected RealSense devices.

RealSense error calling rs2_pipeline_start_with_config(pipe:0x1dc7f60, config:0x1dc7f40):

Can you please give me some hint about the issue and how to solve it.

With best regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The 400 Series cameras can work with any Intel or ARM processor and a USB 3.0 port, so the processor on your board is unlikely to be the cause of your problem. When there are problems with single-board devices such as Up Board and Compute Stick (and now Udoo), the problem tends to be with the USB, such as insufficient power being supplied to the device, or the cable (if it is one the user has bought themselves) having quality issues that cause problems.

Are you using the official Intel cable that came with the camera, please?

0 Kudos
SBans3
Beginner

Hello Marty,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Yes I am using official Intel cable provided with D415 only.

I tried to use this camera with a USB hub also, to ensure there is proper current supply for camera, but still same error:

There are 2 connected RealSense devices.

RealSense error calling rs2_pipeline_start_with_config(pipe:0x19cafa0, config:0x19e19f0):

I hope if my board provider claims to have USB 3.0, then it should be able to supply 900mA of current.

And max. current requirement for D415 is 700mA.

Please let me know, if you have some doubt in that.

With best regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Power issues tend to occur more often with USB 3.0 OTG connections, where the camera is being connected to a micro USB port (USB OTG - On The Go) on the board instead of a full-size USB 3.0 port. It looks as though the Udoo has a full-size USB type A port though?

On a discussion about power requirements on the Up Board single-board computer and using it with D415, Intel support team member Eliza said: "... each camera [that is connected to the board] will use about 2W. A powered hub will normally provide 12.5W or more so that will be enough".

0 Kudos
SBans3
Beginner

Hello Marty,

Yes on my Udoo X86 board, there is full size USB 3.0 Type-A connector (it says it as USB 3.0 type-A sockets , check https://www.udoo.org/udoo-x86/ https://www.udoo.org/udoo-x86/ ).

I am not getting any clue, what should be the potential issue.

I don't think its a issue from the board side. Please let me know your opinion.

Please feel free to ask more information, as I need to solve this on high priority.

With best regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

When I have had USB issues on my laptop, a quick test to see whether there may be a USB power issue has been to attach a device such as a tablet or smartphone that can be USB-charged to the USB 2.0 port, and then try running a camera application whilst the device's charging is active.

0 Kudos