Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 not working in Windows 10 Insider 14986

LSpol
Novice

Hi, I have big issues with my SR300 and Windows 10 Insider 14986. Unfortunately I don't know if it was working in previous builds; I just upgraded my motherboard and CPU of my PC.

1. Device manager looks normal, under Universal Serial Bus Devices I have Intel RealSense Camera SR300 with Microsoft driver; under Imaging devices I have SR300 Depth (driver intel 3.3.27.5717) and SR300 RGB (driver Microsoft). I don't see the SR300 virtual driver that other people mention.
  2. Native Camera app doesn't work: error 0xA00F4244 (0xC00D36D5) also other app (like Skype) will not detect the camera)
  3. Can't configure Windows Hello, after clicking get started, the button disappear, nothing else happen, and the only other button is "Cancel".
  4. Camera Explorer say that both Camera Front and Long Range are not connected.
  5. SDK Information attached, but sometimes by clicking the camera tab, the app crash.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall the drivers and the devices several times, but nothing help. Also, Windows Update will install automatically the latest driver 3.3.27.5718.

SysInfo export attached (I have an i7-6700 so the camera is fully supported by my machine).

73 Replies
ABlac
Beginner

Hi Dave

As you are on a production build (apologies, I had assumed you were using a Windows Insider build) I'm not convinced that the issue that you are seeing is the same one that I have raised in this thread. Could you just confirm by working through the steps below and seeing if that addresses your issue:

What I've found is that occasionally when I turn on my PC it has lost the SR300 virtual driver which is required for Windows Hello to work (amongst other things).

The Device Manager screenshot below shows the system correctly displaying the RealSense SR300 Virtual Driver.

Occasionally when I first boot up the PC Windows Hello reports that it is unable to switch on the camera and I can't log in via face recognition. When I check Windows Device Manager I can see that the SR300 Virtual Driver is missing (as per screenshot below).

To resolve this right-click on the 'Intel RealSense Camera SR300' from the Universal Serial Bus Devices list at the bottom of the Device Manager list and then select 'Uninstall device' (as per screenshot below).

Then right-click on your PC name at the top of the Device Manager list and select 'Scan for hardware changes' (as per screenshot below).

Your SR300 Virtual Driver should then re-appear in the Imaging devices list along with the SR300 Camera in the USB devices list. (as per screenshot below).

0 Kudos
DMcNe1
Beginner

Malvern -- thx a bunch for taking the time. I'm sorry for hijacking the thread. I was trying to find all instances of this problem and expand awareness so someone will do something about it. (someone from Intel - or MS I guess). I was a tiny bit excited when you suggested Uninstalling from the Universal Serial Bus devices at the bottom because I had never done it that way before (always uninstalled from the Imaging Devices), but as you can see by the snapshots I have taken, it hasn't made a difference. I haven't seen the Virtual Driver in nearly a week and I've worked on this pretty much every day. Uninstalling everything, rebooting, installing the Creative driver instead, putting the camera in just about every USB port I have....etc. I've even downloaded all the DevCon & WDK stuff to try to manipulate the port but I haven't completed that task yet.

Device is present but no Virtual Driver:

Then I uninstall from USB devices:

And the Device is gone but the Depth Camera still shows up in Imaging Devices. (no Virtual Driver thou)

Then I rescan for hardware changes:

And the USB device comes back but still no Virtual Driver.

0 Kudos
DMcNe1
Beginner

And Oh by the way -- how is this not the same issue as mentioned in this thread? Originally, Licantrop0 described the same exact thing -- just that it is with the Insider version of Windows instead of Home. But the camera and accompanying drivers (or lack thereof) are behaving exactly the same. Seems like an overall camera/driver problem to me and something that needs to be considered to be the same issue.

0 Kudos
ABlac
Beginner

Sorry to hear that my suggestion didn't fix your issue. It looks like yours is at least related to if not the same issue as I raised originally. I only thought otherwise because it did not affect my system when using your installed Windows build version. I had previously suffered from an issue whereby the virtual driver would go missing periodically and this was fixed (at least temporarily) by using the procedure I outlined above. Here's hoping Intel/MS can collectively resolve this issue as soon as possible as it was a lot of money to shell out for a camera that at the moment is not fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
DMcNe1
Beginner

Yup agreed. So you installed the camera onto a Windows Home (Anniversary Build) machine? (my point is going to be -- how do you know that it's not affected yet because this issue, sometimes, takes weeks to crop up). Like you said (and I've said a few times now) -- "the virtual driver would go missing periodically...."

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Just wanted to add that Microsoft have released Windows 10 Insider preview builds 15002 and 15007 in the past week, and users report that RealSense and Windows Hello are still broken in those builds. So there may not be a solution coming in the short term, sadly.

0 Kudos
DMcNe1
Beginner

Ok, I've seen some pretty bizarre things happen through the years (I'm actually an IT guy but sure don't feel like it with this USB camera driver issue) but this one ranks right up there: I got up late this morning, checked my computer only to find that it had restarted during the night, while I was sleeping. I logged in and started to check the logs, trying to see what MS update had installed. Can't see any new update. So, I also checked Device Manager and what do you think I found?

Unbelievably, it has somehow fixed itself through the night. Now, this may have happened before and I just never noticed because I'm very sensitive to this camera situation right now and check it all the time. So, I go over to the Windows logs to see what happened. Application Log -- At 5:11 this morning the MsiInstaller process installed this: Product: Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager SR300 Gold (x64): Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300 Virtual Driver -- Installation completed successfully. And pretty much everything else to do with this camera. Like this: Beginning a Windows Installer transaction: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{9581b1ba-252f-4e2e-a405-a87a14a05e1d}\installs\intel_rs_sdk_runtime_intel64_dcmservice_sr300_3_3_27_5718.msi. Client Process Id: 984. and this: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager SR300 Gold (x64): Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager Service. Product Version: 3.3.27.5718. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Intel Corporation. Installation success or error status: 0. And a bunch more. And then restarted the computer.

This is interesting from the System Log: Installation Started: Windows has started installing the following update: Intel(R) Corporation - Other hardware - Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Depth

I'm going to save off that portion of the morning in the Application log and attach it if anybody wants to view the whole thing and maybe help analyse this thing. I've also save a Restore Point so I can hopefully get back to this (tonight when the camera stops working again lol. I'm assuming this isn't going to last).

Very strange.

0 Kudos
ABlac
Beginner

Glad to hear that your system has sorted itself out. Mine was already running version 3.3.27.5718 of the Intel RealSense Depth Camera Manager and though I tried uninstalling and reinstalling this it doesn't seem to make any difference.

0 Kudos
LSpol
Novice

Microsoft added a workaround for intel buggy drivers, I just tested it on an internal build (15015) and everything works now.

You need to wait for the next fast ring.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks so much for the info!

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

I can confirm that the newest Fast Ring build (15014) did indeed fix Windows Hello for me. And it also works for Catch Eye 3D.

DMcNe1
Beginner
0 Kudos
HYimi
Beginner

finally works at build 15014

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

I may have been a bit premature when I said that the SR300 was working. For me, it does not work when the system initially boots up. But once it does, and the system is locked, it will work. Dynamic Lock does not work for me. Once I am out of the frame, it does not log me out. And this temp fix seems to be only for the SR300. Our laptop with the F200 still does not work.

0 Kudos
jarch3
Beginner

Doesn't work for me w/build 15019

0 Kudos
ABlac
Beginner

My camera now working on 15019 and RealSense 3D applications are performing as expected. Windows Hello however is not playing ball. In settings it's now saying 'Windows Hello is not available on this device'. It was working previously with my camera on this PC (pre 14986).

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Malvern, glad to hear that you are benefiting from the new Build 15019. Hopefully the remaining issues will get resolved naturally as further builds are released.

0 Kudos
PS3
Beginner

SR300/Stargazer throws an error when trying to start 3D scanning. RealSense 3D does not find the SR300 either.

Used to work.

Windows build is 14393.693

SR300 Depth Driver: 3.3.27.5718

SR300 Virtual Driver: 12.11.38.553

SR300 RGB : standard Microsoft driver from 2006

Any solutions?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello PS and everyone else with a new issue with RealSense,

Please post a new question or discussion in the RealSense Community to get the best service from Intel Customer Support. Intel support agents cannot help you adequately if you post your issues on an existing thread.

Best Regards,

Jesus

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
SMeie2
Beginner

I am seeing this same issue on the latest Build 15063. It was working but I think the most recent Cumulative Update (KB4016250) may have broken it. I uninstalled the Serial Bus Device and now it wont come back. I have rebooted several times with no luck.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

This is a known issue. The Virtual Driver for SR300 is not being installed in Windows Build 15063. We are working with the RealSense team to further understand this issue and will issue guidance as soon as we have it. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos