Items with no label
3335 Discussions

T265 Mounting Holes

PYork
Beginner

So I bought both a T265 and a D435i. The mounting holes for the D435i are definitely standard M3 holes that allow an M3 screw to be securely tightened. My T265, not so much. Both holes initially seemed to accept an M3 screw, but the screw started slipping as soon as any amount of torque was applied (truly, very little). It does appear that the holes are bigger on my T265 than on the D435i. But certainly not nearly big enough for an M4 screw. And I'm not sure there's really even such a thing as an M3.5.

Anyone else experience this? Or does my case have a minor defect?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A couple of other people have recently reported issues with the M3 screw holes on their T265 over at the RealSense GitHub website.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/3893

I am not in a position to help with this issue (I am not an Intel employee), but a member of Intel Support may be able to provide guidance after the weekend (Intel Support's official hours are Monday to Friday).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A couple of other people have recently reported issues with the M3 screw holes on their T265 over at the RealSense GitHub website.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/3893

I am not in a position to help with this issue (I am not an Intel employee), but a member of Intel Support may be able to provide guidance after the weekend (Intel Support's official hours are Monday to Friday).

0 Kudos
PYork
Beginner

Thanks @MartyG! I didn't think to look there for hardware issues. I've added my voice to that thread, as well. Doubtless I've just got a flawed one.

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello PYork, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense Technology. Could you please provide us a picture of the mounting holes for D435i and for T265? Thank you, Eliza
0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello PYork, Could you please let us know if you require further assistance on this topic? Thank you, Eliza
0 Kudos