Items with no label
3335 Discussions

What do these abbreviations stand for?

CSich
Beginner

I was looking over the Intel Quark SE C1000 datasheet and came across some abbreviations that I was not familiar with. When I tried using multiple search engines to find the answer none of them helped. Under the comparators sections in the datasheet there is a reference to CMPLP and CMPHP as well as PMU. In the ADC controller section it talks about the the ADC HIP, does anyone know what HIP, and the other mentioned abbreviations, stand for? Also some I cam across that I would like to confirm with someone that they are correct, CREG stands for Control REGister right? and does HW stand for HardWired/HardWare? I often see HW used with DMA.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @CSich​ ,

Greetings. Based on the details provided in the Quark C1000 Datasheet, it seems like these two abbreviations stand for Comparator Low Power (CMPLP) and Comparator High Power (CMPHP). PMU usually stands for Power Management Unit and in the context of this datasheet that seems correct. As far as ADC HIP, this might stand for ADC Hard IP. CREG does stand for Control Register and HW stands for Hardware. Hope this addresses your questions and match your conclusions around what these abbreviations stand for.

Best Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

0 Kudos