Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Which to choose as replacement driver for Centrino 105?

PAnde15
Beginner

Hello, I'm going through the recommended steps to eliminate a "Default Gateway not Available" error. Now trying "replace original driver with an alternative".

My original driver is Centrino(R) Wireless-N 105 and in the list of alternatives to choose manually there are four options for 105.

Three of these are labelled exactly the same - "Intel Centrino(R) Wireless-N 105 (Intel)" - plus "Intro Centrino(R) Wireless-N 105 (Microsoft)".

If these four don't solve the problem should I go through the other 45 Centrino options? or even select non-Centrino drivers?

Which should I try? - there are hundreds!

The laptop is a 2013 Acer Aspire E1 431 2818, 64 bit, upgraded to Windows 10 in 2014.

In March this year the laptop started randomly restarting every two or three days and showing "Stopcode Error" (Blue screen of death). The Default Gateway problem started a few weeks after that. Could be related?

May 16 Windows asked to restart to install updates. Not yet sure if that will have corrected the Stopcode Error.

Thanks , Phil A

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdrianM_Intel
Employee

Hello PAnde15,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

The interactive technical support for Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 105, Single Band has been discontinued. We are moving this thread to the Discontinued Products forum for peer-to-peer support. 

https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P000000PmraWAC/discontinued-products?language=en_US 

Hopefully, other peers can assist you.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos