Items with no label
3335 Discussions

cannot get 1280x720 depth image from Viewer

ypeng20
Beginner

Hi,

I got 2 questions with Realsense Viewer.

1. How can I get 1280x720 resolution depth image from Viewer? As the picture shows, even if I set the resolution to 1280x720, the saved depth image is still 640x360.
  2. I cannot get aligned depth and color image from Viewer using D435i (calibrated by Dynamic Calibrator), while these two images are aligned when I try the rs-example pointcloud (https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/tree/master/examples/pointcloud).

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello ypeng20, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D435i camera. Yes, this behavior appears because of the Decimation Filter, which reduces the original resolution to half. You can save the images at the maximum resolution by disabling the Decimation Filer (go to Stereo Module -> Post-Processing -> disable Decimation Filter) In regards to your second question, could you please provide us a screenshot of the the view in RealSense Viewer and in rs-pointcloud? Thank you, Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello ypeng20, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D435i camera. Yes, this behavior appears because of the Decimation Filter, which reduces the original resolution to half. You can save the images at the maximum resolution by disabling the Decimation Filer (go to Stereo Module -> Post-Processing -> disable Decimation Filter) In regards to your second question, could you please provide us a screenshot of the the view in RealSense Viewer and in rs-pointcloud? Thank you, Eliza
0 Kudos
ypeng20
Beginner

Hello Eliza,

Thank you! Now I can get 1280x720 resolution depth image thanks to your help.

Here are the two screenshots of Viewer, you will find the depth and color image are not aligned by the position of chair and moving of my hand.1.png2.png

This is from the rs-pointcloud, the depth and color images are aligned so the point cloud can be correctly displayed.

3.png

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello ypeng20, Thank you! If you are willing to get the aligned depth-color streams, you can go to "3D" in Realsense Viewer, and on "Texture Source", you can choose " Intel RealSense D435i color" If you are referring to the fact that the streams are slightly apart, this happens because the depth and color sensors are placed one near another and they have different filed of views. Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
ypeng20
Beginner

Thanks for your help. Besides D435i, I have access to D415, whose depth and color streams are not apart in the RealSense Viewer. These two cameras both have depth and color sensors that have different filed of views, why this situation only happens to D435i?

0 Kudos
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello ypeng20, RealSense D415 camera has Standard Stereo Imagers, while D435/D435i have Wide Stereo Imagers. Most probably, this is why you see a difference between streams. You can find this information in the datasheet, at page number 17 - https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/Intel-RealSense-D400-Series-Datasheet.pdf Thank you, Eliza
0 Kudos
ypeng20
Beginner

Thank you so much for your help and patience!

0 Kudos