Items with no label
3335 Discussions

convert depth image to point cloud

fwang22
Beginner

How to convert depth frame to point cloud using Matlab? I know one way is if we know the camera parameters,we can obtain point cloud .But what are the parameters ?or Is there any other way to do it in Matlab?

0 Kudos
51 Replies
fwang22
Beginner

Hello MartyG,

when I run the rs-convert.exe .there has an error,

the rs-convert.exe was build from version 2.16.1,but I don't know how to solve it.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I haven't encountered this particular error with the convert tool, but there was a previous case where there was problems with it. This related to the path instructions provided to the program.

Looking at your image, I would recommend trying one conversion at a time, instead of both -i and -l. For example, to convert the bag to ply:

rs-convert.exe -l F:\pointcloud\pointcloud\samples\expression\4\anger

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

Hello MartyG,

I installed SDK version 2.16.1, and I use the version 2.16.1 source code to build rs-convert.exe, but the same error was showed as above, I want to know Rosbag fixes were added in RealSense SDK version 2.16.1.,Do I need to rebuild rs-convert.exe to obtain full frames by version 2.16.1 source code ?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

As the rs-convert tool's source code is separate from the SDK package, you likely do not have to recompile it when upgrading SDK version.

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

In other words, the problem of missing frames has been solved in new SDK, we don't need to recompile re-convert to convert the .bag files.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I suggest giving it a try and letting us know what the results are in 2.16.1. Thanks!

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

I tried some data and the results were as follows:

Some samples lose frames,most do not.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks for the quick response. Are you satisfied with these results, please?

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

unfortunately, when I change the viewer resolution and FPS, the results are not satisfied.

the resolution is 848*480, FPS is 60.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I would recommend posting your results on the open discussion about rs-convert frame drop problems on the GitHub.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/1919 problems in rs_convert · Issue # 1919 · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

0 Kudos