Items with no label
3335 Discussions

sr300 unable to stream color picture

bgebr
Beginner

Hi there,

I am having difficulty to stream color picture even with the samples provided. I can stream depth picture and the hand module also works fine. I am just wondering if it could be a hardware problem.

I am using java with r2 sdk.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello beniam,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® RealSense™ Technology.

In order to help you with the issue you are experiencing, the first thing we would like to know is the system information file of your computer. To generate it, please press on your keyboard WinLogo + r, then enter msinfo32, then click on File >> Export. This process might take some minutes, once you have generated that file please post it here.

Keep in mind that a 3.0 USB port is needed to connect your camera.

Finally, could you use the sdk_info.exe to record the logs using an SDK sample?

After installing the SDK, you can do order to do it, after you install the SDK, go to "", and run SDK_Info.exe as an Administrator, navigate to the Logging Tab and Click "Enable All Logs" button.

Reproduce the issue by running the app that is causing the failure (make sure not to close sdk_info, it can be minimized, closing sdk_info will stop the logging). After the failure has occurred return to SDK_Info and click "Copy all Logs" button (in sdk_info logging tab), zip the created directory and attach it to your next reply.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
bgebr
Beginner

Hi Andres,

Please find the attachment the information you requested.

Kind Regards

Biniam

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello beniam,

Thank you for sharing that information. I'll proceed to analyze the data and as soon as I have relevant information, I'll contact you through this thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello beniam,

I have a new set of questions, these may help determine if the issue you are experiencing is hardware related.

Can you see color using the Windows Camera App?

Have you tried non-Java SDK samples? Such as RSSDK/bin/rawstreams.exe, if these applications don't show color, the issue may be hardware related.

The Java sample app under framework/Java/DF_CameraViewer should open two windows, one with color and one with depth (the depth window usually is on top of the color window, so please make sure that you move the depth window to see the color window). Please tell me what you see in the color window.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
bgebr
Beginner

Hi Andres,

yes I can see color using window camera app. and yes i have tries most SDK samples, the samples that doesn't use rgb camera seems to work fine.

for instance, the df_cameraViewer shows one depth camera view window and a blank black background window .

I tried the r200 camera and the samples worked fine. all evidences suggest to hardware problem. my colleague tried both camera with a new setup and confirmed that the rgb camera of the sr300 is inaccessible

Also, I noticed the rbg camera is using a Microsoft driver while the other two camera use Intel's. is that by design ?

thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello beniam,

Thank you for the information provided, the camera shouldn't be using a Microsoft driver. But due to the information that you shared, it is not the reason why you are experiencing the issue.

It seems that you are right, you have a hardware issue. In that case, you should send an email to mailto:click.support@intel.com click.support@intel.com. In it you have to attach a valid proof of purchase, briefly describe your issue and provide the link to this thread (so the corresponding team knows more about the support provided).

I hope you find the previous information useful.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
bgebr
Beginner
0 Kudos
Andres_V_Intel
Employee

Hello beniam,

You are welcome.

If you experience any other issue, don't hesitate to contact us through this community.

Regards,

Andres

0 Kudos