Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Can I download Intel Media SDK?

Shinya_JP
Beginner

Hello,

I need to understand and modify a legacy Visual Studio solution for Windows which uses Intel Media SDK, GStreamer, and gst-mfx.

To do that, I need to  get binary files of Intel Media SDK.  It seems to me the web page to download Intel Media SDK is not working anymore.

I had checked several discussions including:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Media-Intel-Video-Processing/Can-t-download-media-sdk-since-lemcentre-migration/m-p/1467358
And I found the following address only leads to "Discontinuation Notice" page.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/media-sdk/choose-download.html

I know Media SDK had migrated to oneVPL.  Can oneVPL use interface similar to GStreamer?

Regards,

Shinya

0 Kudos
2 Replies
monica345
Beginner

Hello,

The webpage to download Intel Media SDK is no longer operational, leading to a discontinuation notice. Intel Media SDK has transitioned to oneVPL (oneAPI Video Processing Library), which offers similar video processing capabilities but with its own API distinct from GStreamer integration. To proceed with modifying your Visual Studio solution, you should download oneVPL from the Intel oneAPI toolkit or their developer website. Update your project to utilize oneVPL's API for video processing tasks, ensuring compatibility with your existing codebase.

0 Kudos
Shinya_JP
Beginner

Hello monica345,

Thank you very much for your information.  And, sorry for my delay in reply.

I understood the situation.

I found oneVPL had been separated from oneAPI and now called "Intel VPL."

It's very confusing...

(As a result, Intel VPL is not covered by Intel's priority support now.)

Regards,

Shinya

0 Kudos