Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

CentOS 7.1 1503 i7-6700K Install Hangs

Matt_V_
Beginner

I'm trying to install MSS via the scripts for CentOS 7.1 b1503. I have not updated anything before starting the build process. Currently, it gets through the first few steps but hangs when running the ./build_kernel_rpm*.sh script. It usually hangs right after the line "X.509 certificate list has changed" and has never completed a build. Does this software support Skylake i7-6700K processors? Are the directions for the CentOS 7.1 b1503 installation current and up to date? Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Matt, 

Media Server Studio 2016 is not supported on Skylake (6th generation core processors) yet. But, support is coming soon. Recent thread on same topic: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/610630. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos