Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

H.264 error when decoding

JonasJensen
Novice

Intel OneVPL version: 2022.0.0

Hi, I am trying to write a program that needs to be able to decode H.264. I can decode most sources (network, storage etc) but have trouble decoding H.264 from a specific source. 
To troubleshoot I have tried to decode it through the sample projects and this also fails on this particular file.  FFPlay can play it and so can other decoders I have tried (E.g. Streamcoders). 
I have tried to analyze it with SpecialVH264, but couldn't see anything obvious that was missing or wrong. 

I have attached a video file in the H.264 format that I cannot decode. 

Is it possible to get OneVPL to decode this file and if so, what should be configured to get it working? 

Thanks,
Jonas

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ying_Guo_VPL
Employee

Not for the moment. For now, I recommend the first step would be ramping up on our code by stepping through it. Please follow the build instructions to clone repos, build in debug config, open Visual Studio place a few breakpoints in the Hello-Decode project and initially using h265 source video. We have test content in the content directory for testing. Place a break point in this line. Then step into it. Sometime you need to step into a few times to reach the library code. Trying this out would ramp up very quickly. Have fun.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

We will contact you soon through private message.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos
JananiC_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Janani Chandran

0 Kudos