Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

HDCP 2.2 and Skylake i7-6700

Robert_B_7
Beginner

We are using a Skylake i7-6700 CPU, with an ASRock FATAL1TY Z170 motherboard to build a compact 4K UHD player. 

The Skylake i7-6700 supports HDCP 2.2, as does the ASRock FATAL1TY Z170 motherboard. 

With HDCP 2.2, an HDMI connection to an HDCP 2.2 capable UHDTV port should show either a scrambled signal or reduce the signal to HD quality.

We see no difference between either of the two ASRock FATAL1TY Z170 HDMI ports, open of which is supposedly HDCP 2.2.

What magic lotion do we need to activate the i7-6700's HDCP 2.2 capability?  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Robert, 

These specific questions  HDCP 2.2 on SKL are related to display ports and out of scope for MediaSDK product. I would encourage you to direct and ask these specific display port related questions on our support forum: https://communities.intel.com/community/tech where engineers on the forum would be able to help and provide steps for activating HDCP 2.2 capability on Skylake i7-6700 CPU . 

Thanks,

0 Kudos