Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

How to Insert/Delete video frames within a VPP Plug-In?

ming-cong_w_
Beginner

Media SDK Client or Media Server Studio version installed: samples-f7b203bc2e5d601079721aca3508522ce025e1c5​

Processor Type: x86_64

Operating System: Linux

Concise Description of the Issue:

Two question about Insert/Delete video frames and Frame Rate Conversion(FRC):

1. By referring the sample codes, sample_multi_transcode and sample_plugin(OpenCL). I implemented an image interpolation algorithm through VPP plug-in(OpenCL) for customized Frame Rate Conversion(FRC).

As far as I know, there are three loops in sample_multi_transcode: Decode, VPP and Encode.

Withing a VPP Plug-In, Is any possibility to change the output frame rate (ex: 30fps to 60fps)? and How to insert/delete a frame to/from the video stream?

2. By following Developer's Guide, I also tried to manipulate the FrameRate setting by given Vpp.In/Out.FrameRateExtN as 30 and 60. For my output video, I could have a 60 fps video. But it is by faster play (half of the original video length), ex: 10s to 5s. 

I expected to receive MFX_ERR_MORE_SURFACE interrupt by calling RunFrameVPPAsync within CTranscodingPipeline::VPPOneFrame(). But it always returns MFX_ERR_NONE(0) for my case. How I insert/delete a frame from VPP? 

with Many thanks in advance. 

Nicolas 

0 Kudos
0 Replies