Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3066 Discussions

IDirect3D9Ex_CreateDeviceEx crashing: Memory voilation

govind_s_1
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to run Intel Media SDK Decoder with a C-only application-wrapper. I have used the tutorial-source-code from C++ simple_decode_d3d. Inside the CreateHWDevice() function, the IDirect3D9Ex_CreateDeviceEx() call is resulting in an "Access violation reading location 0x00000001" error. The same call pD3D9->CreateDeviceEx() in another C++ project, returns successfully. Is this behavior expected?

I am using a Windows7 32-bit PC, with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000 (See attached file for more info). The mentioned observations are made on MSVC 2010 Express Edition.

I have set CINTERFACE and COBJMACROS macros (exclusively and both together as well) in project settings. 

Attached: Attachment.zip file containing CPUinfo, Output-log from dxdiag utility, one C example project and one example C++ project showing this behavior.

I am new to Intel Media SDK and I have already spent two days on resolving this problem. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Govind

0 Kudos
0 Replies