Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3067 Discussions

Using Timestamps to Syncronize Display of Decoded Video

simerly__tim
Beginner

Dear Tech Support:

I am using the Intel Media SDK to decode an H.264 bitstream and needing to use timestamps to synchronize the displaying of the video frame.  I don't see the sample code addressing how to go about doing using a timestamp to render the recently decoded frame.  Per the sample code that is provided, there is a m_d3dRender.RenderFrame( frame, m_pGeneralAllocator ); call that I assume displays the newly decoded frame shortly thereafter.  Is this the place where I determine exactly when to render the frame based on a timestamp or is there a better way of doing this using the Media SDK example code?  Please advise.

Thanks,
Tim 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stefan_S_2
Beginner

Hello Tim,

the timestamp of the decoded frame can be found in the surface data:

mfxFrameSurface1 -> mfxFrameData -> TimeStamp

Regards,
Stefan.

0 Kudos