Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

m_pmfxDEC->DecodeFrameAsync returns MFX_ERR_UNKNOWN

I have an application that was is working fine with the previous Media SDK. Now I am trying to port it to INDE 2015. When m_pmfxDEC->DecodeFrameAsync() runs the first time, it returns MFX_ERR_UNKNOWN. I have been told by someone that changes are required to run existing apps (sounds bad not to have backward compatibility for a library, but OK). Can someone point me to a document telling me how to port existing apps to INDE, or otherwise advise me? Thank you.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted

No changes should be needed, as the Media SDK included in INDE is expected to be compatible with all previous API implementations. n (No "porting" is expected to be required).

Is you application requesting a specific API version during MFXInit? and is it <= to the MediaSDK that application was built with?

If you can collect a 'tracer' log using tracer.exe from C:\Intel\INDE\media_sdk\tools\mediasdk_tracer we may be able to determine what is causing this issue, as you may have uncovered an unexpected compatibility concern.

THANKS 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I use mfxVersion ver = {1, 1} and I have rebuilt the application with INDE 2015 update 1. Is this OK?

I will try to get the tracer log for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

OK, should be interesting to see log.  It definitely should be OK (and many/most of our samples use similar).  I assume we'll find something that makes sense once we see info.  For example OS version, HW, etc.

THANKS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have attached the log (I hope). Thank you, Tony.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

OS is win8.1 64-bit
HW is i7-4770

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Tony, did you get a chance to look at the log? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Is there any hope to get an answer, or are you just going to blow me off?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Looking at the log i see system has NVIDIA graphics (GeForce GT 620) as well as Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.  I know there have been updates for multi-adapter configurations and tests were run, but I do not know about this specific configuration.

I see that the graphics drivers (and Media SDK platform HW implementation) being used are not the latest. 

Can you provide the output of the C:\Intel\INDE\media_sdk\tools\mediasdk_sys_analyzer\mediasdk_system_analyzer_32.exe tool?

Can you update your Intel Graphics Drivers to a newer version?, available here:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3720 

The error you are seeing is definitely related to the newer MSDK dispatcher (in the application) not being able to find/use the Intel graphics device.

Are you able to reproduce any issue on the system when using the sample programs (available here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-client-solutions-support/code-samples) ?

THANKS!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you, Tony, for your helpful response.

After I installed the driver version you linked everything is working for me now. I will check with the users of my application to see if they find the same, and I will post again if there are any further issues. We greatly appreciate your support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

The users are all happy now, so this issue can be considered closed. Thank you, Tony, for your expert help.

0 Kudos