Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

ocl_media_sdk_interop sample code understanding

Manish_K_
Beginner

Hi,

I am new to C++. I am going through MEDIA framework of intel which is provided as sample code of ocl_media_sdk_interop.

There are few parts of code which I am not able to understand properly.

Why the line 

if(m_Tasks[m_TaskIndex].m_pDecodeOutSurface && m_Tasks[m_TaskIndex].m_pDecodeOutSurface->Data.Locked)
          _InterlockedDecrement16((short*)&m_Tasks[m_TaskIndex].m_pDecodeOutSurface->Data.Locked);
        if(m_Tasks[m_TaskIndex].m_pOCLOutSurface && m_Tasks[m_TaskIndex].m_pOCLOutSurface->Data.Locked)
            _InterlockedDecrement16((short*)&m_Tasks[m_TaskIndex].m_pOCLOutSurface->Data.Locked); 

in mfxStatus CDecodingPipeline::DecodeOneFrame(int Width, int Height, IDirect3DSurface9 *pDstSurface, IDirect3DDevice9* pd3dDevice) function is being used? What is exactly the purpose of _InterlockedDecrement16((short*)&m_Tasks[m_TaskIndex].m_pDecodeOutSurface->Data.Locked); ?

In this sample code how would I get to know that the output on screen shown is decoder output or openCL output?

What considerations should I take while integrating the encoder in this workspace?

0 Kudos
0 Replies