Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12608 Discussions

Compile a C program, upload and run it

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm pretty a newbee in the uClinux stuff on NIOS-II. My complements for this forum. 

I have the uClinux working and running on my Altera Cyclone board. I'm very exited about it, but I'm still not able to compile my own C program for uClinux and let it run on the NIOS. 

Can somebody please give me a tip or and example how to complile a simple program for uClinux and how to get it running on my demoboard? 

Thanks, 

Mr_Ibanez
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What type of errors are you getting? Is it a compile time error or are you not sure how to get it up to the board?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by ken@Jan 21 2005, 02:28 PM 

what type of errors are you getting?  is it a compile time error or are you not sure how to get it up to the board? 

--- Quote End ---  

I couldn't get my own C file on the kernel. 

I allready solved the problem, the problem was in my makefile which wasn't right, and because of that, the building process didn't succeed. 

After building my linux -c application, I put the .exe file in directory etc of the filesystem and than I uploaded the filesystem to the nios and it works. 

So the make file was the bottleneck.
0 Kudos