Highlighted
Beginner

Issue in Nios Eclipse : elf not generated

Jump to solution

Issue in Nios Eclipse : elf not generated

Computer configuration : Windows 10
Quartus version 19.1 standard
Nios Eclipse : Mars 9.2

I have install Quartus without issues but when I have want to execute NIOS Eclipse some issues occurs.
I have done all the checklist done at :
How do I install the Windows* Subsystem for Linux* (WSL) on Windows?
https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base...

and also
the procedure to install unbuntu 18.04LTS for WSL
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

After I open Nios Eclipse , I'm able to create a project and the Nios applicationand BSD from template
but when I complie the project the elf file is not generate
and the message : ***make[Makefile1011: xx.elf]error 1 appears

This is the information done by the console when I made the Build

11:34:29 **** Incremental Build of configuration Nios II for project daniel_2 ****
wsl make all
wslpath: hal_bsp: No such file or directory
Info: Building /mnt/c/Quartus_Project/test/C10LP_NiosII_hello_world_project1/software/daniel_2_bsp/
make --no-print-directory -C /mnt/c/Quartus_Project/test/C10LP_NiosII_hello_world_project1/software/daniel_2_bsp/
[BSP build complete]
Info: Linking daniel_2.elf
nios2-elf-g++.exe -T'C:/Quartus_Project/test/C10LP_NiosII_hello_world_project1/software/daniel_2_bsp/linker.x' -msys-crt0='C:/Quartus_Project/test/C10LP_NiosII_hello_world_project1/software/daniel_2_bsp/obj/HAL/src/crt0.o' -msys-lib= -LC:/Quartus_Project/test/C10LP_NiosII_hello_world_project1/software/daniel_2_bsp -msmallc -Wl,-Map=daniel_2.map -Os -g -Wall -mno-hw-div -mno-hw-mul -mno-hw-mulx -pg -mgpopt=global -o daniel_2.elf obj/default/hello_world_small.o -lm -msys-lib=m
nios2-elf-g++.exe: error: missing argument to '-msys-lib='
make: *** [Makefile:1011: daniel_2.elf] Error 1

11:34:30 Build Finished (took 1s.10ms)

Can yo help me to solve this issues
Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Issue in Nios Eclipse : elf not generated

Jump to solution

I just ran into this issue and found your post while googling for a solution.  For me a perfectly functional project just stopped working.  The root cause is that the wslpath program (used to translate between Linux and Windows paths in WSL) seems to have changed.  I took OS updates this morning so that is the only explanation I have.  Your Makefile is trying to basically do this:

wslpath -m hal_bsp

I'm guessing this just used to return simply "hal_bsp" because other ways of calling wslpath still seem to return this string.  Now it is the reason you see:

"wslpath: hal_bsp: No such file or directory"

in your output.  I'm not sure why the Makefile tries to translate this string.  To fix it, open your project Makefile and look for a line like this:

APP_LDFLAGS += -msys-lib=$(call adjust-path-mixed,$(SYS_LIB))

For me it's around line 326, but is probably a bit different for you.  Change it to:

APP_LDFLAGS += -msys-lib=hal_bsp

After this your project will build again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution

I just ran into this issue and found your post while googling for a solution.  For me a perfectly functional project just stopped working.  The root cause is that the wslpath program (used to translate between Linux and Windows paths in WSL) seems to have changed.  I took OS updates this morning so that is the only explanation I have.  Your Makefile is trying to basically do this:

wslpath -m hal_bsp

I'm guessing this just used to return simply "hal_bsp" because other ways of calling wslpath still seem to return this string.  Now it is the reason you see:

"wslpath: hal_bsp: No such file or directory"

in your output.  I'm not sure why the Makefile tries to translate this string.  To fix it, open your project Makefile and look for a line like this:

APP_LDFLAGS += -msys-lib=$(call adjust-path-mixed,$(SYS_LIB))

For me it's around line 326, but is probably a bit different for you.  Change it to:

APP_LDFLAGS += -msys-lib=hal_bsp

After this your project will build again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Jump to solution

thanks a lot for your help

It's works now.

0 Kudos