Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Altera FPGA EP4CE55F23C7N

Art-007
Beginner

I currently working on an Altera FPGA. In this project, we were given only the soft software source code using Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse I like to run and build the original code before making any changes to it. However, only a .pof programming file and a .cdf file was given to us, so when setting the Hardware design setup, please correct me if I’m wrong, I need the SOPC file and .sof file to configure the hardware?. I tried using the .pof or .cdf files in some way but with no success. Is there a way I can compile and build this application somehow using the .pof file or other way and thus be able to create a bsp project and load the .elf file to the FPGA. Or do I need this .sopcinfo and .sof files. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee
0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello, 

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos