Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Determine data in payload

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi @ all, 

when I try to send an array of chars to a PC from the NIOS II, all I get is bogus data. Does anyone know how to locate the data in the payload!? 

Cheers, 

Danny
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would have to say that the payload is my data. Now revolt told me that when you use the full featured sof datacache is being used and you would have to set bit 31 in order to get rid of this. But what register do I have to 'or' in order to get rid of this!?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

originally posted by dannyjacobs@Nov 23 2005, 05:17 AM 

i would have to say that the payload is my data. now revolt told me that when you use the full featured sof datacache is being used and you would have to set bit 31 in order to get rid of this. but what register do i have to 'or' in order to get rid of this!? 

<div align='right'><{post_snapback}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=11110) 

--- quote end ---  

--- Quote End ---  

I suggest you read Chapter 7 of the Nios Software Developers Handbook, where this is all explained. The file can be found in \altera\kits\nios2\documents\n2sw_nii5v2.pdf
0 Kudos