Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12610 Discussions

Nios+PCI doesn't work together, help.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I create Nios+PCI compiler (PCI target 32-bit) system on Cyclone II. When PCI is connected, Nios doesn't load any software, but works good without PCI. I've made PCI in reset, without clk - doesn't help. 

What I can do else? What is the problem? http://www.alteraforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm also using Nios II + PCI core on Cyclone III but I instantiated the PCI separately from the SOPC just for future flexibility, and everything works well. Check in SOPC Builder to make sure your PCI core's Avalon MM Master to not connected to the CPU core at all, and that it should be connected to the proper Avalon MM Slave. (Otherwise, it wouldn't be able to generate SOPC.)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I reduced Nios clock frequency (from 66MHz to 33), and the system started good. So I consider this problem is due to internal routing timings problem.

0 Kudos