Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12608 Discussions

Pc-Lint setup to lint NIOS2 program

Mikkie
Beginner

I have some software application that I wish to use Pc-lint plus from Vector(previously Gimpel) to perform static analysis.

Has anyone done a set up like this before? that is, created the required co-nios2-elf-gcc.lnt (compiler config), the macro export and include.lnt files?

When i follow the procedure to create  the macros, I gent a fairly sensible list of macros and the same for the include files (shown below), however when i try to run the linting, i get weird errors that makes me think all is not included yet.

I will attach some files in case anyone wishes to try it as well:

NIOS_LIN.BAT --> batch file to lint (with correct options) the test.c file (renamed to nios_lin.txt)

test.c --> very simple c source file for testing

nios_std.lnt --> top level lnt file to pull in other options

• co-nios2-elf-gcc.lnt
  • nios_include.lnt
  • options.lnt -si4 -sp4

co-nios2-elf-gcc.lnt --> compiler config file

co-nios2-elf-gcc.h --> compiler header file

nios_include.lnt --> include path to std libraries

nios2_lint_cmac.h --> header file with the extracted macros.

NOTE: remove the .txt extensions from the attached files

The output of the execution is:

c:\lint>"C:\lint\Lint-nt"  +v  nios_std.lnt test.c
PC-lint for C/C++ (NT) Vers. 9.00a, Copyright Gimpel Software 1985-2008
--- Module:  --- Module:   test.c test.c (C++) (C++)
#... open ( const char *restrict _name, const char *restrict _type)
FILE *  _EXFUN(fopen, (const char *__restrict _name, const char *__restrict _type));
c:\intelfpga_lite\18.1\nios2eds\bin\gnu\h-x86_64-mingw32\nios2-elf\include\stdio.h
    257  Error 10: Expecting ',' or ')'
_
FILE *  _EXFUN(fopen, (const char *__restrict _name, const char *__restrict _type));
c:\intelfpga_lite\18.1\nios2eds\bin\gnu\h-x86_64-mingw32\nios2-elf\include\stdio.h
    257  Error 49: Expected a type

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JingyangTeh
Employee

Hi

It is weird that you are seeing the error.

Have you managed to compile the project successfully before running the pc-lint?

Regards

Jingyang, Teh

0 Kudos