Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12621 Discussions

Please advise: Unable to create project in Eclipse NIOSII Software

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

file:///C:/Users/CHOOIL%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png file:///C:/Users/CHOOIL%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.png Hi, I hope to have your advise on this. 

I am working out an tutorial to make a simple NIOSII based program by referring to the tutorial below: 

http://www.altera.com/literature/tt/tt_nios2_hardware_tutorial.pdf 

I have done with the hardware design by using SOPC builder and program has been downloaded to my FPGA DE2 board. But when i try to proceed with software development in Pg 28 to create my C application, I can't generate my C application project. By referring to Pg 29, suppose two item will be generated after i have done with SOPC Information File Name selection and naming my project name. 

The error message i got when i am done with the setting are shown as below: 

Unable to create project 

Reason: Failed to execute ./create-this-app --no-make 

As a result of this error, i can't run my project with eclipse after i built it. 

I am using Window Vista, Quartus 9.1 and NIOSII 9.1. I locate my eclipes workplace at my desktop and my quartus2 project file at altera directory (C drive). 

Please advise what should i do n what is my mistake. 

Appreciate for your advise!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try running Eclipse as administrator. (Right click on the program link and select "Run as Administrator")

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi It works! I have been cracking head for the solution! Even tot my Vista is the root of problem. 

May i know what i the root of this problem? Why i have to run my NiosII Eclipse as administrator? 

And can i ask for your advise how can i do a program with NIOSII to record the sound from Microphone and then save the sampled sound data into memory? And how can i retrieve the data from memory for Fast Fourier Analysis? 

I have refer to the DE2 usermanual... There is an demonstration for KaraOK .. But that isn't work with NIOSII.. 

Appreciate for your advise and any reference provided. 

Thanks you.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

May i know what i the root of this problem? Why i have to run my NiosII Eclipse as administrator? 

--- Quote End ---  

I am not 100% sure, but I think the problem is simply that the permissions are not set correctly by the installer for all the required executable files. You could probably fix this by changing the permissions manually but it is easier to just run as administrator. This problem seems to have been fixed in Quartus 10.1. 

--- Quote Start ---  

And can i ask for your advise how can i do a program with NIOSII to record the sound from Microphone and then save the sampled sound data into memory? And how can i retrieve the data from memory for Fast Fourier Analysis? 

--- Quote End ---  

I would suggest starting a new thread about this.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

ic.. thanks for your reply..  

regarding on sound recording.. i have started a thread. 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=107627&posted=1 

please advise in the link above if u have any idea or code example for me refer with. 

Appreciate for your advise.
0 Kudos