Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

System Generation Fails...

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have Quartus 4.0, Nios 3.2, Microtronix Embedded Linux Developer 1.2 and Microtronix Cyclone development board. My problem issues when I try to generate Nios core with uClinux 2.4.17. I tried to use the example project "Kitchen_Sink" and in SOPC builder I enabled uClinux software component and also "Build Shortcut" and "Re-create" checkboxes were enabled. While generating the system it stops and show the following message:  

******************************************************************************** 

"Can't open perl script "HASH(0x3b5ab9c)/generate.pl": No such file or directory 

Error: Generator program  

for module 'microtronix_nios_uclinux' did NOT run successfully. 

generator cmd was 'c:/quartus//bin/perl561/bin/perl -IC:/quartus/sopc_builder/bin -IC:/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/europa -IC:/quartus/sopc_builder/bin/perl_lib HASH(0x3b5ab9c)/generate.pl --system_name=Kitchen_Sink --system_directory=C:/microtronix/kits/nios/examples/Cyclone/sopc_4_0/Mtx_Kitchen_Sink --sopc_directory=C:/quartus/sopc_builder --target_module_name=microtronix_nios_uclinux --custom_sdk_directory=C:/microtronix/kits/nios/examples/Cyclone/sopc_4_0/Mtx_Kitchen_Sink/cpu_sdk/ --generate=1 --cpu_name=cpu --module_lib_dir=HASH(0x3b5ab9c)'" 

******************************************************************************** 

I found the missing file "generate.pl" from my computer in location "C:\microtronix\kits\nios\components\microtronix_nios_uclinux". The question is, what should I do to make this uClinux work in my Nios.
0 Kudos
0 Replies