Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12612 Discussions

no include path in which to search for limits.h

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi here is my story http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif  

I am a beginner in programming Stratix and Nios IDE.. 

before 2 month i did the build hardware tutorial. I build an Sof file and then i did in the nios IDE an example programm "count_binary". I compiled it and dl to the stratix 2 board. Everything went fine. 

But now after installing the lwip and linux.1.4 packages i tried to compile this programm again. I want to add it to the linux file system and upload it to test if it also works under linux to comminucate with the hardware. (like blinking leds) 

But now the following problem occurs and i dont know how to resolve it. Its just the standart Application count_binary and i did not change anything else i think. : 

So does anybody knbow whats wrong now? 

here is the error message: 

make -s all  

Compiling alt_busy_sleep.c... 

In file included from /cygdrive/e/altera/kits/nios2/components/altera_nios2/HAL/src/alt_busy_sleep.c:44: 

/cygdrive/e/altera/kits/nios2/bin/nios2-gnutools/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin/../lib/gcc/nios2-elf/3.4.1/../../../../nios2-elf/include/limits.h:125:26: no include path in which to search for limits.h 

/cygdrive/e/altera/kits/nios2/components/altera_nios2/HAL/src/alt_busy_sleep.c: In function `alt_busy_sleep&#39;: 

/cygdrive/e/altera/kits/nios2/components/altera_nios2/HAL/src/alt_busy_sleep.c:68: error: `INT_MAX&#39; undeclared (first use in this function) 

/cygdrive/e/altera/kits/nios2/components/altera_nios2/HAL/src/alt_busy_sleep.c:68: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once 

/cygdrive/e/altera/kits/nios2/components/altera_nios2/HAL/src/alt_busy_sleep.c:68: error: for each function it appears in.) 

make[1]: *** [obj/alt_busy_sleep.o] Error 1 

make: *** [system_project] Error 2 

Build completed
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Can you send me the output from the build process for the system library when you run it from the commandline?

0 Kudos