Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

program run error!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when I run a program (hello_world.c)in niosII IDE, some errors occured .what's wrong? 

Error! : Unable to load memory block at address 0x800020 from ELF file Debug/hello_world_4.elf 

Fatal Error! : Memory map is not consistent with memory image file - check that file 'Debug/hello_world_4.elf' is compiled and linked for system 'D:\test\lab5\my_cpu.ptf'
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,skybird. 

what hardware image did you use?your own or the example. 

If is your own ,did you generate it successfully in sopc builder? 

I think the problem is address . 

The above is just personnel viewpoint.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,zzh! Thank you for your answer! 

The development board I used is Stratix GX ep1s40f1020c5. The nios system which is my own can generate successfully in sopc builder .
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi skybird, 

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div> 

--- Quote Start ---  

Fatal Error! : Memory map is not consistent with memory image file - check that file &#39;Debug/hello_world_4.elf&#39; is compiled and linked for system &#39;D:\test\lab5\my_cpu.ptf&#39;[/b] 

--- Quote End ---  

from this message, I think that your software project it&#39;s not correctly linked with your hardware configuration: I mean, when u have created your project have you specified the file "my_cpu.ptf" and created an associated system library?...or have u downloaded the correct hardware configuration to FPGA, before downloading software project? 

bye
0 Kudos