OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

2013 SDK miscompiles reduction kernel with structs

Kloeckner__Andreas

Hi there,

the attached PyOpenCL example demonstrates an issue with the below version of the Intel CPU CL runtime, observed on Intel Sandy Bridge and AMD Piledriver. Specifically, the assertion at the end of the code ("the bounding box is found correctly") is violated when running the example with the 2013 runtime. Everything is fine when using the 2012 runtime or the AMD runtime. I'm aware that this is not very efficient code for a CPU device, but I claim that it is correct.

Thanks,

Andreas

SDK Version: intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_sdk_3.0.56860_x64

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Andreas, Thank you for reporting the issue. Indeed, it is reproducible for me on the beta version (56860). But it runs OK on the latest development version. So the fix for it will be available in the next release later this year. Thanks, Yuri
0 Kudos
Kloeckner__Andreas

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the update. I'd of course love an ETA for that release, but I imagine you won't be able to help me with that... :)

Andreas

0 Kudos